Little Orleans, MD

Chris0nllyn

I used to go as a kid all the time. We'd go tubing, and fishing down the Potomac.

For the life of me, I can't remember where we launched our tubes.

Anyone been up that way recently and can remember where the tube/kayak launch is? I'm pretty sure it's at the end of Bond's Landing Rd. but I can't remember.

Roman

I used to go as a kid all the time. We'd go tubing, and fishing down the Potomac.

For the life of me, I can't remember where we launched our tubes.

Anyone been up that way recently and can remember where the tube/kayak launch is? I'm pretty sure it's at the end of Bond's Landing Rd. but I can't remember.
I've never heard of Little Orleans, Maryland. Learn something new every day...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
As a young lad, we would launch our canoes in Hancock and take out at Little Orleans. A visit to Fort Frederick was always in the plan and we camped at Big Pool or Little Pool often.

I fondly recall the small general store at the portage..they had a (one) pinball machine, which at my age then (the 60s) was one very cool piece of entertainment hardware.:buddies:

Chris0nllyn

As a young lad, we would launch our canoes in Hancock and take out at Little Orleans. A visit to Fort Frederick was always in the plan and we camped at Big Pool or Little Pool often.

I fondly recall the small general store at the portage..they had a (one) pinball machine, which at my age then (the 60s) was one very cool piece of entertainment hardware.:buddies:

Eventually, I'd like to do a Paw Paw, WV to Little Orleans trip (about 2 days).

You're talking about Bill's Place I assume?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Eventually, I'd like to do a Paw Paw, WV to Little Orleans trip (about 2 days).

You're talking about Bill's Place I assume?

I really don't recall. In fact..I may even have the put-in and take-out locations reversed. Its been a while.