Little Rock

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Little Rock, AR sucks. It is about as uncharming as a city can be, except for the ironically nicknamed "Charm City". And I've been here several times, so it's not like I didn't give them a chance. BUT! Here we are again, and we ended up by accident at Ciao, which is an Italian restaurant in a seriously depressed part of town. What a pleasant surprise!

I'll skip the frustrating odyssey that led us there - ugh - but from the outside we were expecting low end sketti. Oh no. No no no. The outside looks like ghetto, but once you step in the door - SoMD folks, it was like an Italian Cafe des Artistes. Cute and cozy, the food was amazing, our server blew me off on my wine choice and brought me something much better - I can't say how much we enjoyed it. Especially since we'd been dealing with, you know, Little Rock, it was like an oasis. A shelter from the storm. A hug.

So if you ever make the mistake of finding yourself in Little Rock, forget the River Walk area and head to the crappy part of town for seriously happy-making Italian. Then get out of there quick.

Agee

forget the River Walk area and head to the crappy part of town for seriously happy-making Italian.

Ironic isn't it? The amount of food gems you can find in the least expected places!

Always appreciate your restaurant reviews, full of candor and taste.