Votes: 6 11.8%
  • surgery no meds

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Later, whats the point

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters

bcp

In My Opinion
For whatever reason you are living in constant nagging pain that will never go away, most likely will only get worse as time goes on. Add to that a slight disability that keeps you from doing many of the things that others do for enjoyment.
To sum it up, you are essentially going through the motions but in the end nothing will change or get better.

now you find out that you have yet another issue that has surfaced, and either Surgery and/or lifetime medications will be needed or you can pretty much forget making it another year.

what do you do.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
For whatever reason you are living in constant nagging pain that will never go away, most likely will only get worse as time goes on. Add to that a slight disability that keeps you from doing many of the things that others do for enjoyment.
To sum it up, you are essentially going through the motions but in the end nothing will change or get better.

now you find out that you have yet another issue that has surfaced, and either Surgery and/or lifetime medications will be needed or you can pretty much forget making it another year.

what do you do.

Buy her an inflatable pan. :yay: It hurts less. :huggy:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
After witnessing the miracle of new technology in regards to surgery, I'd say go for it.

W

White Buddah

Don't know which one to pick. I would go with meds first and see where that goes. If the meds don't cut it on their own and surgery is needed, cut me Mack. Then again, if it's time, it's time. I would like to see as many more days as possible though. I think we are all greedy when it comes to that.

I've lived a full good life, done everything I've wanted to do, not much more on the horizon except retirement and taking it easy. If it was a choice between living in constant debilitating pain or dying, I'd pull the plug.

vbailey

vbailey
Try to live your life to fullest, miracles do happen. With God's grace, anything is possible. Have hope and faith.

I agree...and read the book "90 minutes in Heaven" just finished it ...great book. Pray, ask others to pray for healing, Our God is an awesome God!

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
I'll fight for every last breath doing anything possible to live as long as I can. I've got small kids and want to see my grandchildren some day. Dying young is not an option. I already live in constant pain from 3 herniated discs, some days it's hard not to be depressed when it's really acting up. Chronic pain is hard to live with, it takes a good amount of optimism and work to fight off depression. I'm not very religious, I wish I was though. The fear of nothing after death, of just winking out like a candle will keep me fighting for life no matter what.

I'll fight for every last breath doing anything possible to live as long as I can. I've got small kids and want to see my grandchildren some day. Dying young is not an option. I already live in constant pain from 3 herniated discs, some days it's hard not to be depressed when it's really acting up. Chronic pain is hard to live with, it takes a good amount of optimism and work to fight off depression. I'm not very religious, I wish I was though. The fear of nothing after death, of just winking out like a candle will keep me fighting for life no matter what.

Oh, I agree with you there. I'm not talking about that kind of pain or ailment. I've had 3 surgeries for lower back, so I know all about the chronic pain. I'm referring to the kind of pain or sickness that makes it impossible to have any kind of life, relegated to a bed or wheelchair, dependent on others just to stay alive, no hope for relief. To me, that's not living. I simply wouldn't be a burden to my family.

vbailey

vbailey

Read the book "90 minutes in Heaven" PM me your address I will mail it to you if you promise to read it. I read it in about 4 evenings it is not a long book, and easy to read.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not into doctors and their crazy treatments. So I would die naturally and not become a miserable guinea pig. I'm into quality over quantity.

Nanny Pam

what do you do.

No knife. Just bring on the pain meds and keep em' coming! :cool:

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
God has already shown me that He is the ultimate Physician and I will say I'm going to live every day to the absolute fullest and never be somebody who merely exists! Somebody will always be worse off than me and I am not a stranger to chronic pain but I am not a stranger to blessings either!

Foxhound

Finishing last
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.