Livelining is Off the Hook!

HunterJJD

These are what we hooked up on yesterday. We got out as the wind picked up. Was a fun ride in and the little boat will FLY

Attachments

• Rock.jpg
    Rock.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 100

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
If I were to launch at Solomons,where is the best place to catch spot for live lining?

I was out earlier today and the spot were running in huge schools just south of the bridge. If I had a casting net I could have swamped the boat with spot inside of 20 minutes :lol:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Yes, but they're almost impossible to keep alive.

They're best used as chunks or ground as chum.

Good to know, thanks. I'm going to try a bit of fishing this weekend. Plan is to take blood worms out, catch bait, then shoot for some rockfish. :yum:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Took the charterboat to Cove Point today and had non-stop livelining action on fish 18-30". We had several multiple hookups with 3 and 4 fish on at a time. THe largest fish in the picture is 27.5". The 30"s we had to let go because we already had our limit.

The hardest part was catching the spot we used for bait!

DSC01006.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Live lining is about as fun as fishing gets IMO, I remember when you could tie up to Cove Point Platform and mash them up. So much more excitement than trolling, to me.

molake

Yes, but they're almost impossible to keep alive.

They're best used as chunks or ground as chum.

We livelined at Cedar Point today .... 2 blue big bluefish

son did some castnetting at the mouth of Solomons harbor, bunch of bunker, but no luck chunking around the harbor. Tide probably to blame

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Livelining actually sounds like it should actually be ON the hook. Seriously though, I do it all the time and love it.

Live lining is about as fun as fishing gets IMO, I remember when you could tie up to Cove Point Platform and mash them up. So much more excitement than trolling, to me.

Yep, years ago, before it really caught on we'd run up there and while everyone else was catching throw backs in their chum lines, we'd be pulling in 28 inchers. Serious fish envy going on. :lol:

Of course I've been on the other side of that too many times to count.:killingme

Last edited: