local board

barnbatty

What is the average price for boarding a horse in So. MD? What usually comes with board? Can anyone recommend a great place to board?

Thanks in advance. :howdy:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
barnbatty said:
What is the average price for boarding a horse in So. MD? What usually comes with board? Can anyone recommend a great place to board?

What do you mean by 'boarding' a horse? you sicko !

:deadhorse

fredsaid2

Average seems to run around $300 for full board. Stall w/ twice a day grain, hay, turnout in the day or evening depending on the season. Most have access to trails or a ring. The ones w/ indoors run more around $400.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
fredsaid2 said:
Average seems to run around $300 for full board. Stall w/ twice a day grain, hay, turnout in the day or evening depending on the season. Most have access to trails or a ring. The ones w/ indoors run more around $400.

What does that have to do with a woody? :whistle:

jacbro

Flat Iron Farms is nice with indoor and outdoor arnea, below 400 a month. Its in great Mills off 5.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
jacbro said:
Flat Iron Farms is nice with indoor and outdoor arnea, below 400 a month. Its in great Mills off 5.

I have 10 horses do they give a discount I can't afford $4K month :lmao:

jacbro

lol, sure, if you want, call them up, i'm sure she would work something out with ya. Maybe 2k a mth. lol

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
jacbro said:
lol, sure, if you want, call them up, i'm sure she would work something out with ya. Maybe 2k a mth. lol

I will get right on it...do they have a western trainer??

DawnR

barnbatty said:

Hi Barnbatty! :howdy: What area were you looking at? There are several boarding barns near me (La Plata/Charlotte Hall area) that offer indoor arenas, regulation dressage, stadium and access to trails:
1. Sam Hill (Eileen Hopkins) on Trinity Church Rd.
2. El Ammal Farm - corner of Ryceville & Trinity Church
3. Fairweather Farm on Keech Rd (off Rt 6). Not sure if Gina's still boarding.
These are English oriented barns, tho El Ammal sometimes has Western boarders, and they are also focused on endurance & eventing.
El Ammal is $500 for full care. They have a very nice barn (just re-done) with heated wash stall, 20 acre pasture, and above mentioned arenas. I don't know what Eileen and Gina charge.

I work at Holly Point in Callaway, but I've no idea what they charge for boarding. Flat Iron has a lot of amenities. I think their indoor is small, but it's nicely set up for clinics, and they have a heated tack/lounge room, which is very nice in the winter! (Something Holly Pt doesn't have).

Begin Again Farm is very nice!!! If I were a horse, I'd like to be boarded there. Nearby is Claddaugh Farm - very nice family.

I know there are lots of other barns down that way, but I haven't seen them yet. Happy hunting!

Amy

Hi!
Flat Iron has two openings posted in classified for the big barn.
Here is the text of the ad

Ad Information

Category: Horses

Ad Number: 17889

Date Posted: 08/05/2007

Price: 375.00

Text of Ad

Full care boarding at Flat Iron Farm now available.

Board includes: Feed, Hay, Turn Out, Stall Cleaning Daily

Facility Offers:
*Matted Stalls *Automatic waters *Customized Feeding Program *Supplements given daily *Private/Group turn out *Indoor Arena with large mirrors, Sprinkler System and Heaters *Outdoor Arena with Jumps *Trails *Jumping Field *Large Run-in Sheds in fields *Heated/Air Conditioned Lounge *Tack Lockers *Trailer Parking *Arenas graded on regular basis *Quality feed and hay *Helpful, Friendly Staff *On site, live in manager *Shows scheduled throughout winter *Trailering to shows *Events scheduled throughout the year

Feed Offered: Blue Seal Brand- Rider Sweet Feed, Hunter Pellets, Carb- Guard and Beet Pulp to choose from. Should your horse need another type of feed, we can do that!

Hay Provided: Quality Hay from Condon Farms in Penn. Timothy, Orchard Grass and Alfalfa fed according to needs of the horse.

Staff: Everyday there are educated and friendly staff to look after the health and well being of our horses. The horses at our facility are at top priority.

Please e-mail if interested or to see our facility and meet our staff.

Seller Information

barnbatty

Cost of boarding a horse

Thanks all for the replies. I was looking more in St mary's county, but all information was welcomed. Have a dingbat friend who wants to buy her 4 year old grandson a pony, even though he has never had lessons. Nor has she ever ridden. She is just infatuated with the image of riding.

Whew, I can't even imagine trying to afford a horse in this area. The price of current board is more than a car payment and much more than I paid monthly on my first mortgage.