Local Burn Piles

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Debris Removal Sites Available

LEONARDTOWN, MD – In the wake of Tropical Storm Isaias, the Department of Public Works and Transportation will be operating three (3) debris collection and burn sites August 6-16 from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. The debris removal and burn locations will be:

Mattingly Burn Site
23000 Cedar Lane Road Leonardtown, MD 20650

Hills Burn Site
20531 Point Lookout Road Great Mills, MD 20531

Kessler Burn Site
18793 Three Notch Road Lexington Park, MD 20653

https://www.stmarysmd.com/pio/docs/2020-TS5DebrisRemovalSites.pdf

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Did not know they had burn piles open. That is a good thing if one has debris to get rid of.

1stGenSMIB

Over here in Calvert, we can drop off our yard debris from 'the storm' at the landfill for free until Aug23. Usually it is $72/ton, which ends up being about $10/load on my trailer. The nice thing about paying by weight over here is I don't have to totally fill my trailer to get my $10 worth like I did in St. Mary's. Is St. Mary's doing burning instead of landfill drop-off??

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Over here in Calvert, we can drop off our yard debris from 'the storm' at the landfill for free until Aug23. Usually it is $72/ton, which ends up being about $10/load on my trailer. The nice thing about paying by weight over here is I don't have to totally fill my trailer to get my $10 worth like I did in St. Mary's. Is St. Mary's doing burning instead of landfill drop-off??
We do not have an operational landfill....we haul to yours.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Tropical Storm Yard Debris Burn Site in Great Mills to Close

LEONARDTOWN, MD – The yard debris burn site operating at 20531 Point Lookout Road in Great Mills will close at 5 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 11.
Through Sunday, Aug. 16, residents may continue to take storm-related yard debris, including leaves, limbs and other organic materials to the following two sites for burning:

Mattingly Burn Site
23000 Cedar Lane Road
Leonardtown, MD 20650

Kessler Burn Site
18793 Three Notch Road
Lexington Park, MD 20653

1stGenSMIB

We do not have an operational landfill....we haul to yours.
And then we haul it to the big huge Waste Management facility in Gloucester County in those MBI trucks. I will admit Sweetwater over here is much easier to deal with than St. Andrews in SMC.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And then we haul it to the big huge Waste Management facility in Gloucester County in those MBI trucks. I will admit Sweetwater over here is much easier to deal with than St. Andrews in SMC.
We cannot haul large loads or old boats to St. Marys. All that stuff has to go to Calvert. My brother has a permit sticker on his dump truck for that.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
And...the site in Great Mills is back open with caveats.

LEONARDTOWN, MD – St. Mary’s County residents may dispose of storm-related yard debris by taking it to a collection site or one of two burn sites daily between 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. now through Aug. 16.

Leaves, limbs, and other organic material may be disposed of at the Hills Tropical Storm Yard Waste Collection Site located at 20531 Point Lookout Road in Great Mills, where it will be ground into mulch. The mulch will then be available for free pick up and use by residents at the St. Andrews Landfill.

Residents may also take storm-related yard debris, including leaves, limbs and other organic materials to the following two sites for burning:

Mattingly Burn Site 23000 Cedar Lane Road Leonardtown, MD 20650

Kessler Burn Site 18793 Three Notch Road Lexington Park, MD 20653

All three collection sites will close Sunday, Aug. 16 at 6 p.m. For more information, please contact the Department of Public Works & Transportation at 301- 475-4200, ext. 3527, or visit the website at www.stmarysmd.com/dpw.

https://www.stmarysmd.com/pio/docs/2020-152RNewsReleaseSMCYardDebrisCollectionandBurnSitesOpen.pdf