Local elections

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Who you all liking?

I was surprised to see Ted Belleavoine challenging Cameron. I'm unaware of any reason to change Sheriffs - I think Tim has been a pretty good one.

calvcopf

Who you all liking?

I was surprised to see Ted Belleavoine challenging Cameron. I'm unaware of any reason to change Sheriffs - I think Tim has been a pretty good one.

St Mary's Co deputies don't harass people the way they do in Calvert with speed traps, etc. Tim is doing a great job. Don't change what's not broke.

MiddleGround

I'm unaware of any reason to change Sheriffs - I think Tim has been a pretty good one.

St Mary's Co deputies don't harass people the way they do in Calvert with speed traps, etc. Tim is doing a great job. Don't change what's not broke.

You mean other than the drug problems, rise in personal thefts, gun violence, store robberies, and the continued uprising pattern in traffic accidents/collisions?

Yeah, other than all that stuff... he's a peach :sarcasm:

calvcopf

So, you have no individual thoughts, just party-line (regardless of quality)?

How shocking.......:rolleyes:

Maybe they are just too new to the area to have an informed opinion about the candidates. Nothing wrong with admitting you don't know it all yet. I would rather someone vote along party lines, then not vote at all, regardless of their choice of political party.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Maybe they are just too new to the area to have an informed opinion about the candidates. Nothing wrong with admitting you don't know it all yet. I would rather someone vote along party lines, then not vote at all, regardless of their choice of political party.

The local paper usually comes out with interviews with the candidates and their stand on things.

transporter

The local paper usually comes out with interviews with the candidates and their stand on things.

Yes and they are all for getting rid of crime...fixing the traffic problems...and making the schools better.

Never much in the way of specifics to speak of...just generalizations.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yes and they are all for getting rid of crime...fixing the traffic problems...and making the schools better.

Never much in the way of specifics to speak of...just generalizations.

You are not even from around here...why would you care?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So, you have no individual thoughts, just party-line (regardless of quality)?

How shocking.......:rolleyes:

:shrug: I don't even know the name of the guy running against Ben Cardin, but that's who I voted for.

I'm boycotting Democrats. All of them.

SamSpade

When it comes to county level elections - I don't vote. I have no idea who is who or what they're going to do.

GregV814

Well, Michael Hawkins, a candidate for Sheriff in Calvert County feeely admitted in his self written biography that he is “too black” for Calvert. That’s interesting. The perspective from a racist man with a gun and power over the Deputies would certainly create fodder.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Who you all liking?

I've always been happy with Tim has been Sheriff. In fact, I've voted for him the last three elections. I am hearing quite a bit of negative scuttlebutt in recent weeks but I'm guessing that goes with the election season. Mostly has to do with the notion that Tim might be too far removed from the day to day operations and moral has fallen causing a lot of departures. At present, there are 26 vacancies in a department that has 120 billets.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
At present, there are 26 vacancies in a department that has 120 billets.

Wow..had not heard about that. Are most of the vacancies for deputies?...do they have that many patrol vehicles just parked too? I only know maybe three guys on the force there any more...all the rest have retired and so will the remainder of those I know, very soon.

BlueOx77

I've always been happy with Tim has been Sheriff. In fact, I've voted for him the last three elections. I am hearing quite a bit of negative scuttlebutt in recent weeks but I'm guessing that goes with the election season. Mostly has to do with the notion that Tim might be too far removed from the day to day operations and moral has fallen causing a lot of departures. At present, there are 26 vacancies in a department that has 120 billets.

Your information is not correct. There are 133 budgeted positions for law enforcement and 10 deputy vacancies as of this month.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Well, Michael Hawkins, a candidate for Sheriff in Calvert County feeely admitted in his self written biography that he is “too black” for Calvert. That’s interesting. The perspective from a racist man with a gun and power over the Deputies would certainly create fodder.

I never knew Vonzell Ward was a white guy. I learn something new every day.