Local elections

ShyGirl

I heard that instead of running in a three-way Republican race, Ted Belleavoine ran as a Democrat to ensure that he at least got past the primary. That is brilliant!

Based on lawn sign endorsements, he has the support of at least some of the local sherriff's department.

It is enough for me to reconsider how I will vote.

This_person

Maybe they are just too new to the area to have an informed opinion about the candidates. Nothing wrong with admitting you don't know it all yet. I would rather someone vote along party lines, then not vote at all, regardless of their choice of political party.

I have to ask why you would want someone to vote for a bad person instead of leaving the voting up to people who ARE informed.

I'm not saying all D's are bad; I'm saying that the likelihood of there being a person you do not want in office is much greater if you vote uninformed than just don't vote.

This_person

How is this, any different than this?:

In context, Sally said that, I said it was dumb, and Vrai was responding to me - effectively saying she disagrees that it is dumb to do. She was agreeing with Sally, not saying it was different at all.

That's why she has the :shrug: emoji in there. She was not disputing Sally, she was agreeing with it.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
In context, Sally said that, I said it was dumb, and Vrai was responding to me - effectively saying she disagrees that it is dumb to do. She was agreeing with Sally, not saying it was different at all.

That's why she has the :shrug: emoji in there. She was not disputing Sally, she was agreeing with it.

You'll have to forgive him. There weren't any pictures.

Chris0nllyn

I get what Vrai was saying ("Hey, I don't know the guy I'm voting for, be he's not the guy I dislike."), but that doesn't answer the question.

-Salmon said they are new to the area (effectively stating they don't know the candidates, nor their positions) but said they'd vote along party lines (Democrats).
-You alluded that doing so, voting "party-line" equates to no individual thoughts. Many of members jumped in to comment in a similar way.
-Vrai said she's voting against all Democrats, but voting "for the guy against Cardin". There are 3 people running against Cardin. A Republican, libertarian (whom Vrai didn't know last election) and an unaffiliated candidate.
-Vrai said she's voting for the Republican simply because it's not Cardin (or any Democrat, as she stated).

I'm not bashing her, or anyone's particular vote, but I fail to see how one person claiming they're uninformed, yet voting along party lines is any different than another uninformed person voting along party lines.

I am new to the area, but I am voting down ballot Democrat.

So, you have no individual thoughts, just party-line (regardless of quality)?

How shocking.......:rolleyes:

:shrug: I don't even know the name of the guy running against Ben Cardin, but that's who I voted for.

I'm boycotting Democrats. All of them.