Local Gun Shops: Hand Guns

rack'm

Jaded
I found Fred's in Waldorf $100 cheaper than anywhere else when I bought my Rugar a few years back. :shrug:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Southern Maryland Firearms aka Bennet's

Its down towards the Rt 5 side of St. Andrews Church Road..

I only deal with him, he has excellent prices :yay:

wv4x4

Go to www.gunbroker.com and find what you want!

Contact Damian
D's Outdoor Supplies
20845 Callaway Village
Callaway, MD 20620
phone: 301-994-3005

Transfer fee: $25 all guns, handguns add $15 for paperwork

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
JustynSayneBand said:
Can anyone suggest a good local gunshop in the Southern Maryland area that deals in hand guns, besides Fred's in Waldorf, I want to keep some money in my pocket. Thanks.

Dwight
dwightsmail@somd.net
Actually the Tackle Box in Lexington Park has some good deals.....their inventory frequently changes, so check back often.

LordStanley

I know nothing
harleygirl said:
Actually the Tackle Box in Lexington Park has some good deals.....their inventory frequently changes, so check back often.

but over all they have high prices.... Thier Glocks, Sig's and Hk's are way over priced

wv4x4

I wouldnt buy a $.50 fishing hook from the Tackle box! Their prices are outrageous and the owner in there is a complete idiot!

LordStanley

I know nothing
What we need is an indoor shooting range. Sanners is just to expensive, plus it sucks to shoot in the winter time.

anyone know how hard it would be to open one In St Marys county?

Ponytail

LordStanley said:
What we need is an indoor shooting range. Sanners is just to expensive, plus it sucks to shoot in the winter time.

anyone know how hard it would be to open one In St Marys county?

I'm shocked. I don't think Sanners is expensive at all. It's cheaper than any indoor range I've been too. I love Sanners Lake. Shoot whenever you want, and most times, I have the range to myself. What's not to like?

And then there's this one too...
http://www.msar.com/directions.html I haven't been there, but I'll bet it's not cheap.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Ponytail said:
I'm shocked. I don't think Sanners is expensive at all. It's cheaper than any indoor range I've been too. I love Sanners Lake. Shoot whenever you want, and most times, I have the range to myself. What's not to like?

And then there's this one too...
http://www.msar.com/directions.html I haven't been there, but I'll bet it's not cheap.

Only time I like to shoot outdoors is during IDPA matches. But if the weathers bad or its dark. There is no where to go.

I used to work at one in Richmond that was open till 10pm. During the winter months, we were busy all week long

blacklabman

Totally agree with vw4x4 about not dealing with Tackle Box. They do NOT support local sporting organizations and especially the St. Mary's County Ducks Unlimited chapter.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Maryland, especially SOMD sucks for trying to buy guns. I order everything I buy online and have it shipped to a local FFL.

I've been to Tacklebox, Maryland Small Arms and a few others and they are all extremely more then you can find online. I wouldn't mind paying a little more and supporting a local buisness but these guys are out to rape you.

M

Mousebaby

Hubby says try D's in Callaway and Southern Maryland Firearms on rt. 4! :howdy:

Ponytail

AK-74me said:
Maryland, especially SOMD sucks for trying to buy guns. I order everything I buy online and have it shipped to a local FFL.

I've been to Tacklebox, Maryland Small Arms and a few others and they are all extremely more then you can find online. I wouldn't mind paying a little more and supporting a local buisness but these guys are out to rape you.

That's what I did. The local FFL's are pretty cheap. The gun prices are out of whack. I wound up going through a PA FFL though cuz that's where I officially live, and the FFL was double what it is here, but up there, they don't like to sell guns that they can't make a profit from, so they up the FFL prices. The gun prices if purchased from their stock, are cheaper than here though.

I spent double what I was shopping for here, but I do love my Dawson Precision STI. :biggrin: Started out looking at Glocks. Hopefully be able to pick up another STI next year.

:yay: