Local horse website.

mingiz

Horse Poor
I've never seen it before. I'm always looking for things like that. Looks like some one had a great idea. Did you email them to see if you get a response?

devinej

they do send out monthly (or thereabouts) newsletters by email. mistymare gets them and forwards them to me. info about clinics and shows and stuff.

devinej

hoofbeat@md.metrocast.net try that email addy

here's the latest newsletter

Subject: Hoof Beat! March 25, 2008

The Maryland Arabian Horse Association is having an Easter egg/ trail ride this month, on the 30th. It will be at Cedarville State Forest, which is a gorgeous park with great trails. For info go to Home.

Clinic with Vanessa Schwartz at Endless Endeavor Farm on March 30. Contact Dianna Saufley for info and directions at endlessendeavor@verizon.net .

Equine Conference April 3, 4, 5. See more info at bottom. Registration has been extended. Please tell all your friends! Last year's was very informative!

AMIT Schooling Show April 6. Entries $8 if entered by Wed before the show. Post entries $10. Leadline through Green and Hunter, Pony and Horse, Equitation and Pleasure. Jumps 1' to 3'. Contact 301-475-5434 for a prize list or information.

De La Brooke Trail Ride at Skyview on April 13. Registration opens at 10:30am. Riders out from 11:0am to 12:30pm. Hard hats and current Coggins required. $20.00 Adults, $15.00 for juniors 18 and under. Fee includes complimentary refreshments after the ride. Terrain is easy to moderate. Riders choose their own pace through woods and along fields. Optional jumps on some trails. Ride is approx. 12 miles with several opportunities to return to the trailers earlier. Directions: Take Rt. 5 South then Rt. 235 to Oakville. Turn West (right) on Loveville Road (Rt. 247). Proceed 1/2 mile to Skyview Farm on the left. Follow signs to parking. For information: lizfrey@hughes.net or call 301-373-2484. Please bring water for your horse. Ride will be held rain or shine.

Begin Again Schooling Dressage Show on April 27. Closing is one week before show date. Contact Michele at 301--475-5013 or BeginAgainFarm1@aol.com for a registration form.

REGISTRATION EXTENDED!
Registration due by March 31st
2008 SOUTHERN MARYLAND
EQUINE CONFERENCE
Sponsored by the Southern Maryland Agricultural Development Commission

APRIL 3, 4 & 5

Cost: $20 per day, or $50.00 for all three days. Cost includes continental breakfast and lunch on April 3 & 4 only
To register: contact Southern Maryland Agricultural Development Commission - (301) 274-1922
or email: info@somarylandsogood.com
Attend any or all 3 days - The choice is yours!
Thursday April 3: 8am / Registration - first session commences 8:30am on April 3 & 4
· Price Vs. Cost of Hay – Hay prices making your eye’s water? Advice for $’s wisely spent
· Selecting the Right Hay and Feed for Your Horse – Get the most value for your hay dollar
· 10:30am - Reinvigorating Drought Stressed Pastures - timely recommendations for the region
· 11:15am - What’s in your pasture? indoor pasture walk – know your weeds - features live plant exhibits
· 12:45am - Pasture & Nutrition Panel – an opportunity to ask the experts
· 2:00pm - Caring for Two – Management and Nutrition of the Broodmare and Newborn Foal.
· 3:00pm - Management and Nutrition of the Young and Growing horse

Friday April 4
Planning for Success - a straightforward look at equine business plan development
9:30am - Farm Management for the Small Equine Operation – avoid mistakes and learn from hindsight
10:30am - Important Legal updates for Horse Owners – a must know for all - liability, releases, contracts, OSHA, employment
11:15am Business, Marketing & Regulatory Panel – have your questions ready - business & marketing advice
12:30 - Keynote Address: Susan Harris & Peggy Brown, Anatomy in Motion
2:00pm - No Hoof, No Horse – keys to hoof health, reduce lameness problems & optimize performance
3:00pm - Equine Dentistry – what every horse owner needs to know & what’s new
Saturday April 5 - Demonstration Day - Registration 8-9am
(Flat Iron Farm, Great Mills, indoor ring and seating, breakfast & lunch available)
SUSAN HARRIS AND PEGGY BROWN – present Anatomy in Motion TM, The Visible Horse and Rider This exciting demonstration presents the horse as a living canvas to illustrate the skeletal and muscular systems in motion. See how the proper use of the rider’s body can prevent stress and difficulty in riding and training, recognize the elements of good movement and performance and achieve balance as you ride. The presentation is a valuable learning experience for riders from all disciplines, levels and abilities. A highly recommended teaching tool for instructors, trainers, equine massage therapists, 4-H and pony clubs. Riders and horses featuring dressage, western & hunter jumper disciplines will be provided by area riding clubs and associations. For more information on Susan Harris & Peggy Brown visit: Anatomy In Motion - the site for seriuos equestrians

Registration due by March 26
Cost: $20 per day, or $50.00 for all three days. Cost includes continental breakfast and lunch on April 3 & 4 only
To register: contact Southern Maryland Agricultural Development Commission - (301) 274-1922
or email: info@somarylandsogood.com
Visit So. Maryland So Good...  What's In Season? for agenda updates, directions & speaker information
For information on cancellation/rescheduling due to weather, call (301) 274-1922 Ext. 29

Susan McQuilkin
Marketing Executive
So. Maryland, So Good
Southern Maryland Agricultural Development Commission
smcquilkin@somarylandsogood.com
# 301-274-1922
Fax 301-274-1924

Last edited:

devinej

LOL well we didn't even get to the beans yesterday. went through ALL of loper's tack - she has like 10 girths. TEN GIRTHS lol. and plenty of saddles and bridles and so i put together bridles for 4 horses, we went and bought stuff at elam's as well. maybe next week we'll look for beans hehe

Loper

Animal Poor!
LOL well we didn't even get to the beans yesterday. went through ALL of loper's tack - she has like 10 girths. TEN GIRTHS lol. and plenty of saddles and bridles and so i put together bridles for 4 horses, we went and bought stuff at elam's as well. maybe next week we'll look for beans hehe

:smack: and some are english, some are western, and some are Aussie... :whistle: and some were sis's and some of my late friend Joan. AND besides who else is going to pay you to go through horse tack and horse tack shopping... :diva:

Sorry to highjack your thread Sparks... :howdy:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?

:rolleyes: Only 10 :shrug: does she need me to give her a few more...

Hey Loper I still have your nice western bridle...it is a keeper you need that one :huggy: