Local Mennonite Schools

Stovebolt

As everyone prepares for the beginning of the school year, and MAYBE you're cleaning out some old school supplies from last year, can you keep in mind our local Mennonite schools?

We just took over a box of scrap paper (one side still good for writing), some steno books that were half full, extra pencils, 3 x 5 cards, old manila folders, reading books, old biz cards (they use them for book markers), some color paper, paper clips and binder clips.

They can use just about ANYTHING you bring that would be an office supply item. It doesn't have to be NEW stuff. Stuff you've had in your closet for four years and just aren't going to use it.

If you have school-type stuff from your kids who have now outgrown items, that would be great. Art items for sure. They have *art* days which are pretty basic. We hope to hunt down some decent art supplies - paint, poster paper (even used on one side is good), brushes, colored pencils, crayons, sketch pads, glue, glue sticks, craft-type items, etc. Even if your stuff is half-used ... to them it's ONLY half used!

We hope to find a few sets of encyclopedias, too. One school's edition is from 1966. I'm sure many of you who have gone to computers for research may have a set just collecting dust someplace. The teachers would be so grateful. It gets hard sharing one set with the entire classroom. The ones for the youngsters (Golden books ??) would be incredible to get for them. The kids would LOVE it.

If you have somethings to donate, please take them to Stauffer's Feed Mill on Route 5 in Loveville. Or if you're on the other side of the area (Oakville), drop your stuff off at Friendship Lawn & Furniture (one mile off Rt. 235, on Friendship School Road -- second driveway on the left).

These are great neighbors. They don't have a lot of nifty stuff for their kids in school. Most of us have stuff laying around that they would be grateful to be able to use for their students.

Thanks for being a good neighbor, too!

Peggy Milliman
Friendship Forest Christmas Tree Farm

red_explorer

Thank you

I want to thank you for posting the note about the Mennonite schools. I second that they will be most appreciative about anything you can donate. And I wholeheartedly agree that they are wonderful neighbors and terrific friends.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I think this may be the nicest thread ever on these forums. Granted its only got a couple posts but it's still very nice! :flowers:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
pixiegirl said:
I think this may be the nicest thread ever on these forums. Granted its only got a couple posts but it's still very nice! :flowers:

:yeahthat: I'll be sure to go through boy's supplies and see if we can thin the inventory.

jenbengen

Watch it
Yay! I've got plenty of perfectly good stuff that I can give. I love having the Mennonite community around. If they appreciate receiving donations, I'd be happy to help!

Stovebolt

Wow! Gosh .. you all are really something. Yes, they are excellent neighbors and friends. On their behalf, I'll thank you all now.

This is a busy place. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to find where I posted this so I'm glad I left the tab up on my browser! But now I know where to look for some of our Southern Maryland news!

Thanks again for your generosity.

Peggy M

kmw1123

i might have a nice big set of encyclopedias to donate, i just have to check and make sure its ok with my boss.

E

(((echo)))

Kick Azz!!!
I was wondering what i should do with all my old Playboy-Penthouse-Swank and Barely legal subscriptions!
I bet they could use those for health class :popcorn:

Stovebolt said:
We hope to find a few sets of encyclopedias, too. One school's edition is from 1966. I'm sure many of you who have gone to computers for research may have a set just collecting dust someplace. The teachers would be so grateful. It gets hard sharing one set with the entire classroom. The ones for the youngsters (Golden books ??) would be incredible to get for them. The kids would LOVE it.
Thanks for being a good neighbor, too!

Peggy Milliman
Friendship Forest Christmas Tree Farm
I do have a set of encyclopedias I've been looking to get rid of, this sounds perfect!

Stovebolt

I just wanted to thank the folks who brought stuff by. The ones I've heard about so far where those brought to Oakville. Wow, the teacher was so happy ... it made us tear up for someone to be so grateful for what was so little. You would have thought the 1988 edition of the encyclopedia were gold bricks.

My sister is bringing down a haul from Prince George's County tomorrow. One of the little boys, I like to tease because he doesn't really like school much. It might be neat to see if little "extras" like these make a difference.

Oh, and something else besides the books and school stuff, they play baseball for break and recess. They are always short gloves. So, if you have those laying about ... now you know where they will get new life!

Thank you all who brought something by.

Peggy M