Local SMC Elections / Candidates Thread

TPD

the poor dad
There should probably be a subform for local politics. @David @vraiblonde

Anywho the filing deadline for Republicans/Democrats was Friday April 15th. Here is the link for candidates that have filed in St. Mary's County.

As was speculated, John O'Connor withdrew his name from commissioner and filed for sheriff at the last minute and his wife filed for his current commissioner position. Todd Fleenor also filed last week for sheriff. So it looks like we will have 3 choices for sheriff in St. Mary's County. I am glad to see this as I did not like the first choice.

I am somewhat surprised to see Tommy McKay file for commission president at the last minute. That race will be interesting with Randy, Rita, and Tommy.

Thoughts on any of the SMC candidates?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
What means this?

Democratic Central Committee
*No more than half of the members can be elected from the same gender.

glhs837

Power with Control
What means this?

Democratic Central Committee
*No more than half of the members can be elected from the same gender.

Wait, is that birth gender, desired gender, or assumed gender?

And if there are 300 genders, divided by the low number of positions, how does that work? If we elect more than half, who resigns? Is there some reverse intersectionality matrix?

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Who knew that the wokeness has filtered down here in the county.
That's been required as a mandate from the national party (DNC) for several years. It also covers delegates to the national convention.

Back to the local elections. Does it really matter who runs from either party as long as you guys keep voting for Steny so he can protect and save the Base some more?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That's been required as a mandate from the national party (DNC) for several years. It also covers delegates to the national convention.

Back to the local elections. Does it really matter who runs from either party as long as you guys keep voting for Steny so he can protect and save the Base some more?
I have never voted for him.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Sure I'm aware of it, He got 42% in St, Marys' in 2020, 70% in Charles and 43% in Calvert.
His constituency is clearly "north" of us. ;-) So if you knew we don't vote for him..why your post saying we do? Or did you mean it should be less than 40-ish percent down here? I'll certainly agree with that.

DaSDGuy

His constituency is clearly "north" of us. ;-) So if you knew we don't vote for him..why your post saying we do? Or did you mean it should be less than 40-ish percent down here? I'll certainly agree with that.
He could also be aware that the good people of Chuck County and Culvert County are also posting on this forum. And yes, they voted for Steny