Local Winter Fun

bosox

Marlborough Horse Trials is in need of raising funds by the next horse trial in September. This money will improve the water complex and add new elements to the Pre-lim division. So they have planned some local fun through the winter. It will be nice b/c I always thought the park should be open more with XC events!

December 6--$30.00 open XC schooling per horse/rider combo. Rider must have ground person. Approved helmet and a vest is required.

December 30--$30.00 open XC schooling from 10-3. PC/Jr members are invited to school with Ray Wheeler or Janice Cole for $20 schooling fee and $20 lesson fee.

January 18--$35/$25--Inaugural Hunter Pace! Yes--we will open MHT's first hunter pace the same weekend we are bringing in the President-Elect! Flat and Over Fences classes. ($senior/jr or pc member)

March 21--MHT Jumper Derby. Each course $15.00

April 11--UnRec Marlborough Horse Trial. BBN-N. $85.00/$15.00
This HT will have a Mulligan Dressage Test....You can ride the test a 2nd time for $15.00 and have the lowest score count towards your final score.

Last edited:

Eventer29

Sounds Great!!! I hope the weather is nice for all the events. So glad the have decided to have more XC stuff there!

MDLawGirl

My daughter went with her Pony Club. It was very cold, but when we left, it was snowing...which was nice.

Eventer29

We went. We didnt mind the weather, adrenalin helps keep ya warm. I wish there had been more jumps, maybe a bank, was really hoping the water would be open. We had fun though. Had 7 riders in our group 4 of us were on green horses and had one greenish rider (had never done XC) on an experienced but strong horse. Most of us were so busy with our greenies it was quite easy to stay warm. If we do the next one it will def be all of us on greenies.

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
I was a little dissappointed. $30 didn't seem worth it for the one field of jumps. (sorry!!)

crpc

I was a little dissappointed. $30 didn't seem worth it for the one field of jumps. (sorry!!)

that is what I was thinking. it would have been better to put 30 bucks into the gas tank and go to FPP. No water, one field with too many people and some of the things out were not BN as advertised. oh well.

fluffypony

Does anyone know if these dates/activities are still accurate? I am SO frustrated that Marlborough Pony Club has not advertised them. The Jumper Derby is appearing on the MPC website, but nothing else is - and nothing at all is mentioned on the Marlborough Horse Trials web page. I am so sad that I've already missed some of the days. How do I find out more information on the upcoming events?

bosox

Yes the dates are correct. MPC is not putting on these events and so they probably won't be advertising them as you think that they should be.