Locating 2 horses...

Cowgirl

They're not lost....I was wondering what ever happened to 2 horses I sold a long time ago. We sold them almost 10 years ago. There was a bay gelding, Chance (TB) and a bay mare, Katy Brown (appendix or QH?). Anyways, we sold them to a man, not quite sure if I remember his name. He lives down in the 7th district. We visited the horses about 5 yrs ago...was just wondering how they were doing. Chance would be about 25 now, and Katy Brown would probably be about 20 or so? Anybody think they know these horses?

Eventer29

I know a man and his kids who have a farm in 7th district. The name Middleton ring a bell? They had a bay gelding named chance who would be about 25 or so now. his daughters rode him untill they needed a horse to kind of move up on, he stayed as a pasture pet for a year or two but didnt seem happy with total retirement so they sold him to OMg I cant remember the name of the stable now!!! Its a decent sized lesson/training stable. They use him for lessons now i think. As far as I know hes still going strong. The name of the other horse you mentioned sounds familiar, but if this family has her I havent met the horse in person before.

Cowgirl

Eventer29 said:
I know a man and his kids who have a farm in 7th district. The name Middleton ring a bell? They had a bay gelding named chance who would be about 25 or so now. his daughters rode him untill they needed a horse to kind of move up on, he stayed as a pasture pet for a year or two but didnt seem happy with total retirement so they sold him to OMg I cant remember the name of the stable now!!! Its a decent sized lesson/training stable. They use him for lessons now i think. As far as I know hes still going strong. The name of the other horse you mentioned sounds familiar, but if this family has her I havent met the horse in person before.

That's them!! I can't believe he's a lesson horse now...when we got him he was spooky about EVERYTHING. Couldn't even touch his head hardly. He calmed down alot when we had him...I'm glad to hear he's still doing well. Thanks!

Cowgirl

Locating 2 horses... 12-07-2006 10:05 AM Lose the Christm-ass

:moon: Thanks, but I like my donkey and I don't really care what you think.

Eventer29

the oldest girl brought him to camp at our farm about 3-4 years ago..he was a very laid back gentleman. He was out of shape from not being ridden much but he sure did try to keep up witht he demands of the classes. She even did a little cross country jumping with him (2'ish) I really liked him because he would do just about anything to please his rider.

Cowgirl

Eventer29 said:
the oldest girl brought him to camp at our farm about 3-4 years ago..he was a very laid back gentleman. He was out of shape from not being ridden much but he sure did try to keep up witht he demands of the classes. She even did a little cross country jumping with him (2'ish) I really liked him because he would do just about anything to please his rider.

He was a very sweet boy...I miss him alot sometimes. I hope they don't jump him too much...he had a stifle injury that took him off the track. I'm glad he's busy and happy though! Thanks so much for letting me know!

Cowgirl

Hey, just wanted to ask if he was still there. Does anyone know the name of the farm? I'd love to find out if he's ok. I know he's getting older now (probably around 27 or 28), and I'd love for them to contact me if they ever decide to sell him. I don't know what most lesson barns do with horses when they retire, but I'd hate the thought of him ever going to auction. :howdy: Thanks.