"Locked and Loaded!!!"...or....well...not

transporter

The Great Negotiator and Master Businessman is at it again...utterly incapable of making a decision of communicating his position:

Yesterday:

Today:

“It’s certainly looking that way at this point,” Trump responded to a question on whether Iran was responsible for the attacks. “I don’t want war with anybody but we are prepared more than anybody ... We have a lot of options but we are not looking at options right now.”

Which is it Mr President? What IS your position? Do you even know?

Maybe this time he'll turn down the volume on his TV so he can hear what his advisors have to say? Wouldn't want him to have to wait until the missiles are about to launch again before he realizes that attacks usually cause loss of life and he calls off the mission.

What a buffoon.

black dog

Free America
IMG_1814.JPG

Midnightrider

The Great Negotiator and Master Businessman is at it again...utterly incapable of making a decision of communicating his position:

Yesterday:

Today:

Which is it Mr President? What IS your position? Do you even know?

Maybe this time he'll turn down the volume on his TV so he can hear what his advisors have to say? Wouldn't want him to have to wait until the missiles are about to launch again before he realizes that attacks usually cause loss of life and he calls off the mission.

What a buffoon.

Leading from behind, an interesting choice and one Trumpers must love.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I'm not sure why Trump's "two" statements are so at odds with each other as to cause such consternation.

Seems to me to be pretty much a normal progression. First, state our country's willingness to respond immediately if necessary; second, to couch any response in terms of being sure and measured.

A "retaliatory" strike in response to the oil field attack is certainly warranted. But wouldn't one not done in haste be the better choice; to take a moment (or two) to ensure the correct targets are to be struck (and struck with an appropriate level of violence)?

Further, why be in a rush? A) Iran ain't moving anywhere and b) any response we make should be a coordinated one (meaning, what other allies, what other instruments of power, etc.).

I would have thought a measured response would be something applauded by all and one that would be seen as Presidential. But I guess to each his/her/xer own? Or is it a case of "it really doesn't matter what Trump does, I'm a gonna criticize whatever decision he makes"? You know, because, Trump?

--- End of line (MCP)