Longest distance traveled for a first date

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
So how far was it? After how many messages, phone calls? Details, please.

MMM_donuts

After being in the same social group and being friends for about 7 years, my husband traveled from Southern Maryland to East Tennessee (roughly 500 miles) to take me out to dinner for our first date. We had agreed to be an exclusive relationship about 2 months prior to our date. We saw each other about one weekend a month for 4 months when I moved here.

We sorta had extenuating circumstances. I was working 3 jobs to support my mother while she was undergoing treatment for breast cancer.

We'd been friends for a while but then one day I received flowers from him after mentioning that times were tough. In response, I sent him a small order of Omaha steaks. And we've been a couple ever since. Every Valentine's day I get him a specialty cut of meat, like a wagyu rib eye or something and he gets me a neat flower.

glhs837

Power with Control
Pretty sure it's either the crazy astronaut lady or someone that ended up talking to Chris Williams :)

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Wayyyyyyy back when Yahoo Personals started, I was traveling to Seattle and wanted to see the city through a locals eyes. I talked to a bunch of guys, found one that I clicked with and we set up a date for when I got out there.

We had a blast, walked the college district and sampled beers in the micros, took a boat tour and went into the lower levels of Pike's then had dinner.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
15 miles outside Fredricksburg Va. from Fort Washington

short:
so one conversation
drove approx. 1.5 hour drive to get there
a date

the long:

talked one time - I had seen her personal on Yahoo, wished her luck as she was out of my distance range ... we ended up chatting for a couple of hours, she mentioned she was having this issue with her dryer - dryer spun, no heat - ... the Appliance guy had been out it checked it out, it ofc worked fine ... then a day later no heat - I commented it sounded like the receptical had a short - I'd be glad to check it out on sat ... I ended up replacing the wall receptical - fixing the problem and stayed for breakfast .....

:popcorn:

other: I was already seeing a girl that went off to college in Danville ... so there was a 5+ hour drive for a weekend visit

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
Met the handler at a bar here in the dorf, next day we had our "first date" at Kings Dominion. So not really any messages or long distance traveling. :shrug:

dan0623_2000

First Date

Back Many, Many, Many moons ago when I was a youngster and had no choice but to travel with my parents, I met a lovely brown eyed girl in Detroit, Michigan. We were visiting an aunt and uncle who lived there and she lived across the street. We exchanged addresses (way before internet time) and wrote back and forth a few times. She said her school dance was coming up and if I lived closer she would ask me to be her date. I got permission to call her (No anywhere/unlimited calling back then either) and asked if she was serious about the date. She said yes. I had worked some that summer before and had saved my money, so a long story short my parents said ok and took me to BWI airport (Friendship International back then) and I flew to Detroit where my uncle picked me up. The next night we went to the dance and had a very good time. We continued to correspond but but unfortunately over the years we lost touch with each other. I remember she had huge brown eyes and to this day every time I hear the song "Brown Eyed Girl" I smile and wonder how her life turned out and would she remember our first and only date.

C

czygvtwkr

My friend in Blacksburg VA had a girl drive from Dayton Ohio to his place, when she got there he said "You are not average build (she was large)" He said she layed on the couch all night crying. Not sure that counts as a first date or not.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
We met at the first Friday night Meet & Greet in Dec. 2011, and saw each other pretty much weekly with the group. (which changed from week to week, except for a few of us)

Too many texts & FB chats to recall, but our first date was on April 1 when he drove up with me to Washington Hospital Center and waited in the waiting room while I spent about 3 hours with my mom. (Who had terminal cancer and was being treated there) Then we drove into DC and walked around the Washington Mall and several museums for about 6 hours until he drove me home.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I traveled the world, thousands of miles and many many years before going on the first date with the love of my life.

It took us over 40 years to meet, and I'd traveled to Europe and back several times before meeting her in a Base - X tent on the side of a runway.

Bann

PREMO Member
I traveled the world, thousands of miles and many many years before going on the first date with the love of my life.

It took us over 40 years to meet, and I'd traveled to Europe and back several times before meeting her in a Base - X tent on the side of a runway.

This is absolutely beautiful, Bob! :flowers:

Foxhound

Finishing last

Wow Bob, that's such a nice way of looking at it. Like my story. Over 50 years of life, countless miles and countries, only to find love right here in MD where my life started. And in a round about way through the forums. Life is funny.

Last edited:

Bann

PREMO Member
Wow Bob, that's such a nice way of looking at it. Like my story. Over 50 years of life, countless miles and countries, only to find love right here in MD where my life started. And in a round about way through the forums. Life is funny.

:love:

Hank

my war

Awww! You are so good to me! :smoochy: