Longview Beach Neighborhood.

lilredhearts

Any thoughts about this neighboorhood? We are looking at a house there, i do have some concern tho... some parts of the neighbor hood look nice and well kept but other parts are lets say not well taken care of. I was just wondering if any one had any thought about the people who live there , if there is any crime etc. Please let me know ... thanks.

sockgirl77

Everything I know about Longview Beach is based on rumor. I've heard that there's a drug problem there. I've heard that there are a lot of problems there. And I've heard that there are pretty-boy gang issues there. But as I said...just all rumors.

mizteresa1965

Everything thing I've heard are not rumors. Down the hill into the neighborhoods, there are drug problems down there, and 80% of the people that live down there do not take care of their homes and property, and because of the neighborhood they live in, can't sell. It's an old run down beach community with old run down mold invested houses. I would avoid that neighborhood.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
It was just a community of summer homes but I think that has changed over the years....Just my $.02...I'd pass...Very fast

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I say this as someone who has a few friends that still live there, keep up their properties, and can't sell due to the issues:
If you are white you will not be welcome.
There is a drug issue.
Many properties are not kept well and actually have mold issues.
There has been violence there.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I say this as someone who has a few friends that still live there, keep up their properties, and can't sell due to the issues:
There is a drug issue.

Claudia Pickeral.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
There is a drug issue.
I was wondering how long y'all would dance around this fact. :lol:

ImnoMensa

SILENCE! I keel you!

Long View Beach was a farm that was bought and sold piecemeal to blacks.

They came along and started building hovels for the weekend. At the time there were few regulations in effect in St. Mary's County and many of these home were built by people who were not exactly carpenters, plumbers or electricians and few would meet any sort of codes. There are some decent homes there ,but they are in the minority. The roadways are old and decaying.

The place bustled for a few years and grew with a home here and another over there and then it started decaying, and forclosures and other things led to a few financially limited whites moving in,because the homes were cheap.

I don't know of any outright racial animosity at Long View , but it is still prevalently black and financially poor whites. The person coming down to St. Mary's County for a weekend of recreation have given way to mostly permanent residents.

It is approximately 6 miles to the nearest Rescue Squad or Fire department, making for a long response time. I would say 15 minutes would be a good response time.

The view from the top of the Hill is fabulous though.

If I were looking for a place to live, I would look elsewhere.

Katt

keith green & Claudia Pickeral ?!? who is that?

a few years ago, she was a middle schooler getting off the bus and walking home there and was raped and murdered by her... Neighbor! It sent ripples throughout the county and after that, I never let my girls walk home down our lane alone!!! I would avoid that area. If the price is right, there's a reason!