Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I feel safe....

Attachments

• 6E1AB4FA-B573-4C54-AA73-70004D527162.jpeg
    6E1AB4FA-B573-4C54-AA73-70004D527162.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 671

calvcopf

Unusual to see them so far from shore. Navigational error?

I think you would be surprised to see how far the U.S. Coast Guard travels globally, especially with their larger Cutters. From the Arctic to Antarctica to the Middle East, South Pacific and all points in between.

Most people are only familiar with their local small boat stations and have no idea about the rest of the Coast Guard fleet and missions.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I think you would be surprised to see how far the U.S. Coast Guard travels globally, especially with their larger Cutters. From the Arctic to Antarctica to the Middle East, South Pacific and all points in between.

Most people are only familiar with their local small boat stations and have no idea about the rest of the Coast Guard fleet and missions.

It/s a running joke between I and my longtime business partner and retired (20 years) USCG LT. My grandfather was a USCG legend and I grew up a USCG brat in many respects because my own father...his son..was killed in the service of the country only weeks after I was born. My grandfather was the skipper that was the focus of Homer Hickam's book "Torpedo Junction". He was later CO of two DE's through the end of WWII. He became Chief of Engineering...CO of Curtis Bay. ...CO of the USCCG Chincoteague and USCCG Taney.....then Acting Superindentent USCG Academy..then Chief of Staff, Washington DC, and finally Commander Eastern Area, in charge of receiving the entire NY Governor's Island base from the Army. I played in that big ole mansion and surrounding property as a kid..surrounded by many attentive PI servants. Good times...I was "the Admiral's kid"..with all the benefits that conveyed back then.