Lookin' for tint?

renegadeslave

Obsidian Salamander
For any of you experienced with do-it-yourself tint and are interested in that new faded chrome look, I have a proposition for you. I put an ad under "parts" in the vehicles classifieds, but I don't think many people go looking for tint there.

Anyway, the only way to by quality chrome fader tint is to buy it bulk. I can get a roll of 40" by 100' for about $150, plus s&h. Of course, I only need about 20 feet and was going to sell the rest in 20' pieces. Just wondering if anyone would be interested so I don't waste my money.

You can see the film at www.moonrakerfilm.com/fader.htm

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
It's not legal in MD. I had to peel my 20% cause I got pulled over by an a-hole cop. Been pulled over 3 times with it on and only 1 a-hole said anything. :rolleyes:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by renegadeslave
Well, there go my plans. Is it because it's reflective or something?

Yep. "Sparkle" tint was popular with the girls when I was in highschool. Had many a girl friend that had to peel their tint. I want the blue chrome tint but can't have it.

Danzig

Originally posted by pixiegirl
It's not legal in MD. I had to peel my 20% cause I got pulled over by an a-hole cop. Been pulled over 3 times with it on and only 1 a-hole said anything. :rolleyes:

Sounds like the A-hole was doing his job. Too bad the A-hole wasn’t one of the cops at your ladder incident; he could have preformed his job better and did the report like you wanted it done.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by Danzig
Sounds like the A-hole was doing his job. Too bad the A-hole wasn’t one of the cops at your ladder incident; he could have preformed his job better and did the report like you wanted it done.

I completely agree. I shouldn't have had it and removed. He wasn't an a-hole just because he gave me a repair order he was an a-hole because he was an a-hole during the entire incident. One of those types that yells to show concern. I almost reported him because he was such a jerk. Give me the tickets fine I know I f-ed up. I've never contested a ticket at all, or biatched about getting one. This guy crossed the line with his behavior.

renegadeslave

Obsidian Salamander
If it's illegal, though, how come places like TintWorks will put it on? Just for show cars? Or because they don't care if you get in trouble as long as they get their money?

JabbaJawz

Be about it
because they don't care if you get in trouble as long as they get their money?

:yeahthat: When I got my old car tinted I told the joint to give me the darkest legal tint they sold - that way I'd be safe and not waste my loot.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
If it's illegal, though, how come places like TintWorks will put it on? Just for show cars? Or because they don't care if you get in trouble as long as they get their money?

They put on my 20% without even a warning. I knew it was illegal when I did it. They just care about the money.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by Parnel
Everything is illegal in Maryland. Maryland want you driving in stock hoopties. :biggrin:

Ok well let me just move back to VA where I can have my reflective tint yet I have to pay personal property tax on my car every year. :rolleyes: It's a give and take and the laws are in place in order to protect police officers. If you have tint they can't see through as they're walking up to your car how do they know if you're pulling a gun out and getting ready to shoot them?

Parnel

It's a give and take and the laws are in place in order to protect police officers. If you have tint they can't see through as they're walking up to your car how do they know if you're pulling a gun out and getting ready to shoot them?

I guess I never thought about it that way. But it makes sence. It just seems that every time you add an accessory to a vechile, the law in Maryland is there to tell you that it's illegal.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by Parnel
I guess I never thought about it that way. But it makes sence. It just seems that every time you add an accessory to a vechile, the law in Maryland is there to tell you that it's illegal.

That's why you save the money to buy a car that doesn't need to be accessorized. :biggrin:

Parnel

That's why you save the money to buy a car that doesn't need to be accessorized. :biggrin:

Naaa I'm more of a truck kind of a guy. Something that loud, fast and passes everything but a gas station. But if I had to have car it would be the 94 chevy impala.:cheesy:

Pete

Repete
Dustin, where can I find one of those coffee can mufflers for my truck? Oh Oh and a wing?

dustin

UAIOE
Originally posted by kwillia
But my link shows him how to do it himself....:mad:

That's the hard way....:rolleyes: Just get the coffee can, cut a hole in the bottom, and duct tape it to the exhaust pipe.

For an intake, get some dryer vent hose, a big enough c-clamp, and pantyhose. take off your airbox from the throttle body, clamp on the dryer vent hose, run the hose down to your bumper, tape on pantyhose on your new intake and...viola'! Instant cool air intake!