Looking for a camping cook set

Long shot here, but I am looking for a specific type of camping cook set and hope somebody will have one gathering dust in their garage.

What I am looking for is the 8 qt. pot and lid and 6 qt pot and lid from the traditional aluminum large group cook set. Lids double as fry pans. I am looking to buy/borrow either just the 2 pots/lids or the entire set for use with my scouts as we train for Philmont. These are the pots that we would be issued there, so I want to train with the same gear.

See picture below for what the cook set looks like.

cook set.jpg

Yeah, that's the current version that I am trying to find pieces of. Don't want to spend much $$ since it's only for occasional training use, not my regular camping use. I have good MSR stainless sets, 2 & 4 qt aluminum pots like above and even a titanium cook set for regular use, depending on what I am cooking, how many I am cooking for and where I am going. Yes, I am a camping-gear-aholic.

I am watching a couple sets on eBay. May pull the trigger on one of them if I cannot find the pots I am looking for local.

You check out thrift stores or pawn shops? Might just get lucky.

I hit thrift stores a couple times a month. Over the last 2 years I have probably had a dozen of these sets in my hands at the shops, but never bought because I had no use for them. Got the Philmont trek in December and have now started looking for the pots. Hit 5 shops on Tuesday, in one I was approaching the pots section and saw a guy walking away with the 8 qt pot & lid I am looking for. He left the 2 & 4 qt ones, so I bought them. I will eventually find them, but am hoping there is a slim chance somebody here has a set they want to unload.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Long shot here, but I am looking for a specific type of camping cook set and hope somebody will have one gathering dust in their garage.

What I am looking for is the 8 qt. pot and lid and 6 qt pot and lid from the traditional aluminum large group cook set. Lids double as fry pans. I am looking to buy/borrow either just the 2 pots/lids or the entire set for use with my scouts as we train for Philmont. These are the pots that we would be issued there, so I want to train with the same gear.

See picture below for what the cook set looks like.

View attachment 106434
I've got the smaller set if you want it, 4 quart and 2 quart pots, a small kettle, lid/frying pan for the large pot and 4 plates.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Wish I could help you hunter but my Camping ware is cast iron. We use it on Frontier Camping Fellowship trips and regular pow wows. We have a winter campout this weekend. The boys will like that I am sure and stay huddled around the fire pit.