looking for a dietician and nutritionist.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
im looking for a good dietician and nutritionist to go to and i would like some input about which one is better, I just found out that i have hypothyroidism(under active thyroid). and im not sure if should go to a dietcian or a nutritionist. i want to loose wheight but im not sure who i should go to. TIA everyone

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
im looking for a good dietician and nutritionist to go to and i would like some input about which one is better, I just found out that i have hypothyroidism(under active thyroid). and im not sure if should go to a dietcian or a nutritionist. i want to loose wheight but im not sure who i should go to. TIA everyone

Oh and if anyone could tell me if insurance will cover them?

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Your insurance company can tell you who they cover. We can't.

i was just asking in general because if some do then my does most of the time and to get ahold of someone from my company is like a 4 hour wait all the time.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
I recommend that you first go to the website of your insurance company and find out who they cover in your area. Then you can ask for recommendations/references for specific people you have to chose from. I can tell you that Mary Belle is absolutely faboulous, but if Mary Belle is not covered by your insurance or not within your area, it won't matter what I think of Mary Bell, right?

i will still pay for one regardless of insurace.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Who did your thyroid doctor recommend?

well she is up at WHC and gave me names up there. she didnt know of anyone one down here but my insurance covers one person and they are in lexington park, Kelly M. Harvey sometimes i feel my insurance is BS.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
well she is up at WHC and gave me names up there. she didnt know of anyone one down here but my insurance covers one person and they are in lexington park, Kelly M. Harvey sometimes i feel my insurance is BS.

wait nevermind they have like 5 pages of people who accept my insurance i only had the thing at 5 miles lol

stew77

Kelly Harvey is great - went to her for the same thing - very knowledgeable and patient! It's still not easy but she will show you it is possible to lose weight while hypothyroid.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Kelly is great, and yes insurance will cover if you have aa referral from your primary (either glucose levels or weight management).