Looking for a good local trainer.

K

KerryAnn1

I just moved here from Houston, Texas and I need to find a good barn and trainer. Any thoughts...Please advise

R

remaxrealtor

KerryAnn1 said:
I just moved here from Houston, Texas and I need to find a good barn and trainer. Any thoughts...Please advise

Hello and welcome. :howdy:

I board at Flat Iron Farm, located in Great Mills. Great facility, run by a group of very talented and extreemly caring people.

I would be happy to forward more information. My horses are my kids and it's the only day care I'd put them in!

K

KerryAnn1

I own a QH/TB and would like to learn dressage. I am open to any GOOD trainers that care about their clients needs and are open minded.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Where are you located and how far would you like to travel? Is your horse at your house or do you need a boarding facility too? Are you looking for a trainer to ride with or a trainer to put your horse in training with?

Welcome to Maryland!

fredsaid2

Begin Again Farm, Michele Alexander, 301-475-5013
dressage instructor located in Leonardtown, student boarding only but accepts trailer-ins and has an indoor

Welcome to St. Mary's!

DQ2B

We do clinics once or twice a month in Mechanicsville with Vanessa Swartz. Judy Whyte is located in Charlotte Hall, though I have no knowledge of her current availablity. Check out www.PVDA.org (Potomac Valley Dressage Association) which is the local dressage organization and something you'll want to join if you're interested in having access to more shows, clinics, training opportunites and news in general.

K

KerryAnn1

Thanks everybody! I am going to check these places out. PM me with places to steer clear from...Somebody gave me bad karma...I've only been here a week! What does that mean?

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
KerryAnn1 said:
Thanks everybody! I am going to check these places out. PM me with places to steer clear from...Somebody gave me bad karma...I've only been here a week! What does that mean?

That means "welcome to SOMd online"!!! LOL You're one of us horsey people now!

DQ2B

KerryAnn1 said:

Ignore the karma, it's meaningless. Some people have such huge self worth issues that it gives them an ego boost to leave bad karma. Turn it off if it starts to worry you.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
DQ2B said:
We do clinics once or twice a month in Mechanicsville with Vanessa Swartz. Judy Whyte is located in Charlotte Hall, though I have no knowledge of her current availablity. Check out www.PVDA.org (Potomac Valley Dressage Association) which is the local dressage organization and something you'll want to join if you're interested in having access to more shows, clinics, training opportunites and news in general.

:howdy: Hey! It's Christina, with Peanut. How are you?

Kerry Ann, I second joining PVDA, they have chapters located throughout the area and some are very active. I belong to the Calvert Chapter and we meet once a month and plan stuff like clinics (riding and information), attend shows, etc. Calvert Chapter Website.