Looking for a good roofer

joedancer

bookman
Hi,
I am looking for someone to do some work on my business roof. Someone reliable. Must be licensed. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Joe

BernieP

Resident PIA
Lincoln, in Hollywood

THey come recommended BUT you can also find them booked too.
Try Miller Builders / Construction - Jason Miller. They came highly recomended as well, his crew was prompt (as we he), pleasent and efficient.
All I found in my yard was some little plastic tabs from the shingles - but it was a real windy day. All the trash, old roofing, nails etc - GONE, yard was clean.

wunsent

Roofing by George in Mechanicsville. They've done a number of homes in our neighborhood and we recommend them to everyone. They did an excellent job.

joedancer

bookman
This is not a shingle roof, but rather a flat roof on my business. It is probably about diverting water from a higher roof over part of my shop as well as doing something to waterproof the flat area. Thanks!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The dog that lives down the street from me is an excellent roofer. That's all he does, all day long.

blizzard

RbyG

Roofing by George did not quite finish my neighbors roof. About a month after they finished, a part of the roof and the fascia fell off, around 8 feet long. When they contracted to do the work, they had said they'd find all the bad spots and replace the boards. Well they missed this one.
When they were called to come down and see the problem, it took several calls, and finally a rude jerk came down, said 'it wasn't their problem/fault'. After a couple more calls they finally said 'we'll fix it, for $1200'. Two boards on a second floor roof!
They got their money and ran.

joedancer

bookman
still waiting to hear back

Lincoln, in Hollywood
Someone from Lincoln came by a couple of weeks ago. Told me he would have a couple of estimates by Wednesday or Thursday of that week. Never heard back. I have called four times and each time am told someone would call me back. How do you not call someone back who wants to hire you?

Joe

joedancer

bookman
THey come recommended BUT you can also find them booked too.
Try Miller Builders / Construction - Jason Miller. They came highly recomended as well, his crew was prompt (as we he), pleasent and efficient.
All I found in my yard was some little plastic tabs from the shingles - but it was a real windy day. All the trash, old roofing, nails etc - GONE, yard was clean.

The only phone numbers I found for them online are on Manta, and they are not correct (some electrical contractor). Do you have a phone number for them? How do these people do business when you can't contact them?

Joe

roofer

I lurk for good info-

now sharing great info-

Honest Exteriors in Leonardtown- does work all over St Marys and Calvert- most professional handy man Ive ever had the pleasure of doing business with. Looked on the roof and in the attic- gave an estimate that minute- price was great. Also fixed a piece of siding while he was here- another great price. Came within a day of his estimated start time, didnt take a deposit- says small jobs are paid AFTER. Left no mess and picked up payment the day after.

Does what he says and works with you- a real pleasure and prompt always.
Rick Stearns -301-904-2887

joedancer

bookman
Just a note, while there are quite a few roofing companies in the county, most of them do not do flat roofs, which are what a lot of businesses have. I am finding this out as my quest continues.
thanks,
Joe