Looking for a miniature horse cart & saddle

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Animals4Life said:
Anyone know the best places to start looking for a miniature horse cart and saddle?

Saddles can be found in most saddle shops, I think Loveville had some small ones. Best bet for cart would be to contact a mini breeding farm that shows and trains. There is one up in Northern Md. called Valhaha?? , there is also one local but I'll have to ask for that contact info. Actually my neighbor has a small mini saddle that they don't seem to be using, I'll ask her.
:howdy:

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
Animals4Life said:
Anyone know the best places to start looking for a miniature horse cart and saddle?

I have a fancy wooden two wheel mini cart for $375. Like new. Have too many carts/wagons.

Robin

Buster do you drive minis? Single or pairs? I have always wanted to get back into driving had ponies when I was younger. I miss it.

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
Robin said:
Buster do you drive minis? Single or pairs? I have always wanted to get back into driving had ponies when I was younger. I miss it.

I had the best pair. Didn't have the equipment to drive double. Sold one of my mini's and now just drive the one. SUPER driver. Nothing rattles him.

If I ever have some time, I am going to train my mini donks to drive. I trained one to drive but sold her to a lady in Kentucky. They are easy to train. No spook in them.

Robin

I keep looking maybe one of these days I will have the opportunity to get back into it. Definitly fun. A friend of mine just ordered a new carriage for competition driving. She is so excited it takes them 4 to 6 weeks to build and ship from Brittain. She is ready to do some serious driving..I am happy for her.

SouthernMdRocks

Busterduck said:
I had the best pair. Didn't have the equipment to drive double. Sold one of my mini's and now just drive the one. SUPER driver. Nothing rattles him.

If I ever have some time, I am going to train my mini donks to drive. I trained one to drive but sold her to a lady in Kentucky. They are easy to train. No spook in them.

Wow BD, I didn't know you did that. I was looking at one time for someone to train one of my minis to drive and my friend just sent one all the way to Ohio to learn.......

mingiz

Horse Poor
Mini's are so easy to teach to drive. If they have thier ground basics it won't take them long to pick it up. We had a stud mini at the farm that we ground drove 4 or 5 times and hooked him up and he picked it up very quickly. They are so much fun to drive.....And very smart..... :howdy:

SouthernMdRocks

mingiz said:
Mini's are so easy to teach to drive. If they have thier ground basics it won't take them long to pick it up. We had a stud mini at the farm that we ground drove 4 or 5 times and hooked him up and he picked it up very quickly. They are so much fun to drive.....And very smart..... :howdy:

I want to try it out sometime... My friend has a cart, guess I can borrow hers. :yay: