Looking For A Place To Board

LoveHerSmiles

Hi there,
I know of alot of the horse farms/boarding facilities in the area but I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing one. I'm currently looking for a place in St. Mary's that will do full care, I could even go for a private place and maybe we could help each other out when one leaves town in exchange for care? I'm willing to work out a deal, I'd just LOVE to have my horse closer to home.

Please PM me if you have any ideas.

Thank you

LoveHerSmiles

Of course an indoor would be nice but at this point I just want him close! I need him to be somewhere where the owners live on the premises, other than that he's a pretty easy keeper. I would like for him to have grass pastures, as that is what he's on now. :dance:

devinej

there's woodbury which used to be holly point, different owners now. its near valley lee. i'm sure you know about flat iron, serenity cove, mount olive, AMIT,

fredsaid2

Serenity Cove is located on Medleys Neck Road behind the Leonardtown Highschool, I take my lessons there.

Serenity Cove Stables Home

I haven't looked much into her boarding program but its a nice farm and the owners great :)

I thought w/ Serenity Cove, to board you had to agree your horse be used in their lesson program?

Claddagh Eq Center is just next door off White Point Rd. Not fancy but the owners are quite knowledgeable.

Arabesque is in Leonardtown off Monterey Place.

devinej

huh, that's an odd requirement to have your horse used in the lesson program....what if your horse is unsuitable (let alone you don't want other people riding him?)

fredsaid2

I thought it odd too. That just wouldn't appeal to me. I remember reading it on the web site at one time. Perhaps it's changed.

DQ2B

My place is in Mechanicsville. Probably too far north for you but let me know if you want more details.

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
I thought w/ Serenity Cove, to board you had to agree your horse be used in their lesson program?

Claddagh Eq Center is just next door off White Point Rd. Not fancy but the owners are quite knowledgeable.

Arabesque is in Leonardtown off Monterey Place.

I thought I read that also about Serenity. I did look it up just now though and this is what it says( Not sure how to quote it)

"Serenity Cove Stables offers standard stall board to owners that will participate in our regular lesson
program, or have their horse participate in regular training sessions.

Board fees can be reduced if boarder allows their horse to be used in lessons by students other than
the owner. This is a great way to give your horse the exercise he/she needs in a professionally run
atmosphere, while reducing your cost of horse care at the same time. This option is only available to
horses that are suitable for lessons, which shall be determined through evaluation by Serenity Cove
Stables.
"