Looking for a retirement home

flyingxchanges

Hi all,

My mother recently had a stroke and due to medical bills and her out of a job I have had to make the decision to sell our horses. My show horse is up for sale, (if anyone knows of someone looking for an awesome show jumper). And now I am left looking for a home for my 26 year old quarter horse mare. She is retired now, though she still enjoys giving kids rides every once and a while. She could be used for thereputic riding, although due to her age I cannot donate her. She does have arthritis in her knees and needs daily asprin and front shoes. She does well on that and is comfortable. I am looking for someone that would like a pasture pet, or a horse for the grandkids to come over and ride sometimes. Jesse is sweet, completely bomb proof and great with other mares and geldings. She has earned a nice retirement home, and if my circumstances were different, I would be keeping her til she passed on.

I am no longer in the position to pay board anymore, but I'd be willing to help with grain costs and farrier. She is a very easy keeper and stays fat on very little grain and some hay.

Please let me know if anyone could provide a home for her, or if you know anyone looking for a pasture pet.

Thanks a lot,
Emily