Looking for a safe place to set up targets

1_bigred

Seeing if anybody knows where a couple retired navy guys could shoot their rifles. The range at the base used to let us, but they closed that off to other than active duty a few years ago. Just looking for a place in the country if there is one? My British 303 needs some rounds ran through it, it has been a while. Appreciate any locals willing to accommodating and merry Christmas!

dustin

UAIOE
havent been there yet

last i checked the base indoor range is not open for recreation shooting to active duty. they get a lot of qualifications done there...

i plan on going here soon when it warms up:

Myrtle Grove WMA - Maryland Public Hunting Lands - Wildlife and Heritage Service - Maryland Department of Natural Resources

Shooting Range
•An eight-station firearm shooting range, trap range, and three-station archery range are open for public use by permit. Rifle, shotgun, muzzleloader and pistol target shooting are permitted. The range is closed during deer firearms season.
•A permit is required for everyone age 18 and older. Shooters 17 and younger MUST have a hunter safety certificate and be accompanied by someone 18 or older with a valid range permit.
•Seasonal Range permits are $20 and can be obtained from any License Agent, Online, by mail using this form or over the phone at (800) 918-2870.
•Daily permits are $5 and may be obtained at the Myrtle Grove office only. Call (301) 743-5161 for additional information on obtaining a one day permit.
•Range Hours:

March through October: Sunday from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm, Monday from 1:00 pm to 6:pm and Tuesday through Saturday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
November through February: Sunday and Monday from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm and Tuesday through Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The range will open at 9:00 am on any Monday that falls on a State Holiday.

Myrtle Grove WMA Shooting Range Hours and Rules - Maryland Shooters

Pushrod

Patriot
Seeing if anybody knows where a couple retired navy guys could shoot their rifles. The range at the base used to let us, but they closed that off to other than active duty a few years ago. Just looking for a place in the country if there is one? My British 303 needs some rounds ran through it, it has been a while. Appreciate any locals willing to accommodating and merry Christmas!

You can also look at joining Sanners Lake Sportsman Club which is down the street from gate two of the base.

blacklabman

You can also look at joining Sanners Lake Sportsman Club which is down the street from gate two of the base.

There is currently a waiting list for membership for the next membership year which starts in May. You need to come to the club during public events, such as IDPA, shotgun range, etc., get to know some of the members and have two sponsor you and get in the line. Info at sannerslake.us.

1_bigred

Thanks for the info, I had already checked that option out and was looking for something at a farm or something.