Looking for a trailer

Duckz

I'm looking for a 2H straight load aluminum bumper pull horse trailer with a dressing room, at least 7'6 tall and 6' wide. I'd prefer a late model trailer or one slightly older in excellent condition. My budget is under 10k. Anyone know of something for sale?

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I'm looking for a 2H straight load aluminum bumper pull horse trailer with a dressing room, at least 7'6 tall and 6' wide. I'd prefer a late model trailer or one slightly older in excellent condition. My budget is under 10k. Anyone know of something for sale?

The company that I bought mine from makes a less expensive model called Blue Ridge after their company, Blue Ridge Trailers. It's like buying Advil or Ibuprofen. It may be a little over $10k but you could get a brand new one.

According to this page they're at Expo again this year: Horse World Expo

The Blue Ridge Story - All Aluminum Trailer at a Steel Frame Price

Duckz

The company that I bought mine from makes a less expensive model called Blue Ridge after their company, Blue Ridge Trailers. It's like buying Advil or Ibuprofen. It may be a little over $10k but you could get a brand new one.

According to this page they're at Expo again this year: Horse World Expo

The Blue Ridge Story - All Aluminum Trailer at a Steel Frame Price

Thanks Phyx. I'm in love with the Rumber flooring. What are the height/width measurements on your trailer? I'll talk to these guys at the expo tomorrow. Could be dangerous if I bring my truck :whistle:

Sparks

I'd think you could get just about any brand with those requirements for around 10k. I agree you should look around the horse expo. They have show specials too!! Have fun!!

FWIW - a wood floor has a longer warranty than the rumber. If your horse paws in the trailer, don't get rumber.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Duckz:

6'9" Wide
7'9" Tall
7' Butt bar to chest bar
4' from chest bar to dressing room wall

Here it is the night I picked it up: http://phyxius.smugmug.com/Other/SmugShots/-/775613956_oPQ2P-XL.jpg

And the dressing room: http://phyxius.smugmug.com/Other/SmugShots/-/775614256_zjfpf-XL.jpg

This is the trailer Linc was in down at Percy's place.

Rumber has a 20 year warranty which for a trailer is probably greater than lifetime. Wood floors are okay but if you do go the wood floor route you'll want grade 1 (like in Hawk trailers) which has a lifetime warranty.

I've had both wood floors with rubber mats and rumber and I really prefer the rumber. I hated having to pick up the mats and to clean between cracks. That's a non-issue with rumber. And, it's supposed to help with a more cushioned ride with less stress on joints. I can tell you that it's not slippery like rubber mats can be if wet.

Rumber Materials—Horse and Livestock Trailers

Last edited:

Duckz

Nevermind, I was wrong..... about the under 10k thing.

Virginia Equestrian.com - Trailers for Sale Classifieds

Sparks - I did find something interesting from this Hawk dealer: Horse Trailers - Happy Trails Trailers - Upstate SC - Hawk Trailers Gold Medal Dealer, Calico trailers Her Hawk prices are really good, AND she is manufacturing her own line of trailers this year. 2H BP w/ DR for $8,900. It's risky since this is the first year they're making them, but she comes highly recommended from the COTH crowd.

fredsaid2

Sparks - I did find something interesting from this Hawk dealer: Horse Trailers - Happy Trails Trailers - Upstate SC - Hawk Trailers Gold Medal Dealer, Calico trailers Her Hawk prices are really good, AND she is manufacturing her own line of trailers this year. 2H BP w/ DR for $8,900. It's risky since this is the first year they're making them, but she comes highly recommended from the COTH crowd.

Talk to Spellbound about hers. She bought from there. It's a super nice trailer w/ lots of upgrades included in the price.

Jay087

We bought ours at the expo two years ago. After getting the trailer delivered, We looked though it and there was no place to tye up the horses. Talked to the people and they said they were trying to get it done before the expo and forgot so they mailed us the stuff to do it ourselves. It came with the strangest butt straps. Said that material was used by NSA and could cold a horses weight, only problem was the clips they put on them couldn't. When I called 5 months after we got the trailer they were no longer using the butt sraps.

Duckz

We bought ours at the expo two years ago. After getting the trailer delivered, We looked though it and there was no place to tye up the horses. Talked to the people and they said they were trying to get it done before the expo and forgot so they mailed us the stuff to do it ourselves. It came with the strangest butt straps. Said that material was used by NSA and could cold a horses weight, only problem was the clips they put on them couldn't. When I called 5 months after we got the trailer they were no longer using the butt sraps.

Weird! Which dealer was it?