Looking for Motorcycle Plug

TPD

the poor dad
On my skidsteer, I have an electrical socket to plug in a beacon light, but this socket is not a standard cigarette lighter size but smaller - about pinky size. The Case dealer can not get just the plug, and wants more than $200 for the light kit. I can get a light for less than $100 but the problem is finding the right plug for the socket.

In doing some research, it appears the plug may be something found on motorcycles. Can anyone verify this for me - A merit plug? Where can I find one locally? I need to touch and feel it before buying to make sure it is what I need.

glhs837

Power with Control
When I get done walking this dog, I'll take a look that might be similar to the Powerlet socket. If it's as close as I think it is, I have an adapter on my heated gear to plug into the bike with. You can borrow it to check.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
What about enlarging the existing hole to fit a standard socket?

Nevermind.... I looked at it as replacing the socket not the plug.

TPD

the poor dad
When I get done walking this dog, I'll take a look that might be similar to the Powerlet socket. If it's as close as I think it is, I have an adapter on my heated gear to plug into the bike with. You can borrow it to check.
Thx

This any help for you?? or did you run across it already??

Thx - did not see that thread. But that's what I'm talking about. The link in that thread is bad so can't see the pic. I'm thinking this plug is the same under different names - Merit, Britax, DIN

Grumpy

Thx - did not see that thread. But that's what I'm talking about. The link in that thread is bad so can't see the pic. I'm thinking this plug is the same under different names - Merit, Britax, DIN

Found it on Amazon under Britax merit plug

Reactions: TPD

TPD

the poor dad
What about enlarging the existing hole to fit a standard socket?

Nevermind.... I looked at it as replacing the socket not the plug.
Yeah the socket is already built into the machine so looking for the easy way which is hopefully just finding the right plug. What was that thing sailorgirl always said - I don't have enough holes to plug things in? Well I have enough holes, I just don't have enough plugs...

glhs837

Power with Control
So that side conductor matches the full coverage. This adapter has a tip that allows for use in a US standard 12 scokets, but that slips off to fit Powerlet/Hella sockets common on EU bikes.

glhs837

Power with Control
I like this the best. I'll be swinging down Ridge later to drop something off at the post office. I can bring this cable with me, you can check for compatibility not like I'll be needing my heated gear anytime soon. Small parts needed for my final drive swap are killing me so I'm down for at least three week.

Amazon product

glhs837

Power with Control
Thx that looks like the socket I have so hoping the plug works

I'll bring down my cable and leave it at the store if you want you're not around. You can plug it in and make sure before you buy. No rush getting it back. I'm not riding for a few weeks.

TPD

the poor dad
I'll bring down my cable and leave it at the store if you want you're not around. You can plug it in and make sure before you buy. No rush getting it back. I'm not riding for a few weeks.
That would be great. I will verify that is the one and then purchase one for my use if correct. Thx! Just leave with one of the employees. Close at 5 today and tomorrow. Closed New Years Day.

Blister

It's 12 volts. Butt splice with an inline fuse from your own store, unless you are concerned with your skid steer being aesthetically pleasing. RTV if you are concerned about it getting wet.

TPD

the poor dad
Thanks - that is the plug I need. Now I know what to purchase to connect my beacon. I left your adaptor on my desk at the store. Next time you are in, just ask one of the employees to fetch it for you.

This forum came through for me again-always helpful!

glhs837

Power with Control
Thanks - that is the plug I need. Now I know what to purchase to connect my beacon. I left your adaptor on my desk at the store. Next time you are in, just ask one of the employees to fetch it for you.

This forum came through for me again-always helpful!

Anytime, your shelves have saved my tukus a time or five. :)

TPD

the poor dad
So I'm not the only dumb person that doesn't know what kind of plug I have on my equipment. I posted a video on my Youtube channel yesterday mentioning the type of plug I have on my skid steer after everyone's help here. A couple of comments thanking me for identifying the plug - they have the same one on their equipment but had no clue. One viewer has already order a connection for his skid steer after watching my video. I will order mine this week. Thanks again to @glhs837 for bringing a plug to me for verification.