Looking for nascar tickets

chris82

Where is the best place to buy nascar tickets. I'm looking to go to the richmond sprint cup race and have never been to a race. Is there sites other than craigslist that offer tickets at decent prices without markup etc. Thanks in advance.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Where is the best place to buy nascar tickets. I'm looking to go to the richmond sprint cup race and have never been to a race. Is there sites other than craigslist that offer tickets at decent prices without markup etc. Thanks in advance.

Call the track...they usually have tickets for sale.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I always just showed up at the track and looked around. I found tix everytime I went without a problem and w/o a huge markup if any.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
You can check on Ebay about a week before the race. People always have tickets and find out last minute they can't go and you can usually get a good bargain.

You can always go to the track and buy them from someone off the street on the day of the race too. I'm sure with the economy scalpers will take what they can get. :shrug:

Keep an eye on somd.com classifieds too. :yay:

B

Beaver-Cleaver

For only the second time in the International Raceway era, Richmond's not sold out. Tickets for the race are on sale at RaceTickets.com for the lowest prices in years.

You'll probably be able to get Nationwide tickets for close to free off scalpers. They've gotten pretty desperate to get rid of Nationwide tickets, and Cup tickets won't cost you over $50 if you go through scalpers. I got mine for $60 last year for a race that sold out - they'll be much cheaper this year.

Tomcat

Anytime
somd.com --> classifieds -->musical & entertainment --> event tickets Advertisement - Music & Entertainment I don't know why they're listed under music, but usually there are quite a few tickets for Richmond as the time comes closer. Like others have said, just show up at the track and buy from someone in the parking lot or where ever. Do your homework ahead of time, get a seating chart and know the prices for different sections.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
For only the second time in the International Raceway era, Richmond's not sold out. Tickets for the race are on sale at RaceTickets.com for the lowest prices in years.

You'll probably be able to get Nationwide tickets for close to free off scalpers. They've gotten pretty desperate to get rid of Nationwide tickets, and Cup tickets won't cost you over $50 if you go through scalpers. I got mine for $60 last year for a race that sold out - they'll be much cheaper this year.

Nationwide races never sell out. I've been to at least one every year for the last 15-20 years and the backstretch seats are not even open to sit in. Children under 12 are admitted free with a paid adult as well. Reserved seats are $45.00 (to be assigned a seat) and general admission is $35.00 (sit wherever a butt isn't, unless someone comes up to you with a reserved ticket and tells you to move it).

Home - Richmond International Raceway

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Nationwide races never sell out. I've been to at least one every year for the last 15-20 years and the backstretch seats are not even open to sit in. Children under 12 are admitted free with a paid adult as well. Reserved seats are $45.00 (to be assigned a seat) and general admission is $35.00 (sit wherever a butt isn't, unless someone comes up to you with a reserved ticket and tells you to move it).

Home - Richmond International Raceway

Plus, you get a bonus of watching Cup Happy Hour before the Nationwide (Busch) Race AND nowadays, the Nationwide field is full of Cup drivers anyway!

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Plus, you get a bonus of watching Cup Happy Hour before the Nationwide (Busch) Race AND nowadays, the Nationwide field is full of Cup drivers anyway!

Get the Party Zone passes for $65 a pop and you can go down in the pits during qualifying. :yay:

B

Beaver-Cleaver

Nationwide races never sell out.

Actually, Kentucky Speedway sells out just about every race (of any kind) they run there. Montreal and O'Reilly Raceway Park at Indianapolis (th also sell out every year. And Iowa will be a hugely popular race this year.

The thing NASCAR doesn't see though is that these are all standalone races that half the Sprint Cup cars don't run in. They have this delusion that they need Spitcup drivers to run Nationwide to get fans there when, in reality, the most popular Nationwide races are the stand-alone events.

I remember the enormous crowds that showed up for the BGN races at Homestead when that track opened.

ORP, Kentucky and Montreal are my favorite Nationwide races. Watch those three races and you'll see why they usually sell out. :yahoo:

Pete

Repete
1/3 of the seats were empty at California Speedway lasst week. Nascar will be dead in 5 years.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

1/3 of the seats were empty at California Speedway lasst week.

Auto Club Speedway of Southern California and Atlanta Motor Speedway have had attendance problems for years. NASCAR refuses to do anything about California, even though the races there are boring and the track has miserable attendance.

There's been talk about Atlanta losing a date for years - and Sunday's race showed that might just be a good solution. If I were Bruton Smith, I'd be talking to NASCAR about giving Kentucky one of Atlanta's dates.

I wouldn't be surprised if attendance is dead at Martinsville either. They're about to lose a race in favor of Kansas.

Nascar will be dead in 5 years.

:rolleyes:

Pete

Repete
Auto Club Speedway of Southern California and Atlanta Motor Speedway have had attendance problems for years. NASCAR refuses to do anything about California, even though the races there are boring and the track has miserable attendance.

There's been talk about Atlanta losing a date for years - and Sunday's race showed that might just be a good solution. If I were Bruton Smith, I'd be talking to NASCAR about giving Kentucky one of Atlanta's dates.

I wouldn't be surprised if attendance is dead at Martinsville either. They're about to lose a race in favor of Kansas.

:rolleyes:
TV ratings down, empty seats despite plummeting ticket prices. Might be more like 4 years.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

TV ratings down

TV ratings are down for every professional sport. NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA, PGA - they're all down across the board.

empty seats despite plummeting ticket prices.

Daytona and Las Vegas were sold out.

Bristol is pretty close and they expect the Food City 500 to be a sell-out.