Looking for ponds to fish in

WoodyNorris

Hi, My Uncle and I are seeking ponds to fish in. Mainly for crappie and catfish. If u wouldn't mind us using ur pond to fish in occasionally please reply.

Thanks,

Woody :)

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Hi, My Uncle and I are seeking ponds to fish in. Mainly for crappie and catfish. If u wouldn't mind us using ur pond to fish in occasionally please reply.

Thanks,

Woody :)

Hughesville Pond, maybe... not sure what they have in that pond but hopefully no Snakeheads

Chris0nllyn

I would think the word "lake" could be clue that it's not actually a pond, which is what the OP was looking for. Just saying.

:cds: Who would want to go to a lake, rather than a pond!?

It seems to me the OP is looking for somewhere to fish for Crappie and Catfish, and while it may not have Catfish, it does have Crappie, and I'm sure if the OP pulled in a bluegill, redear sunfish, chain pickerel, or largemouth bass, they wouldn't say, "Aw man, I wish we were at a pond."

I saw nothing in the first post that said it HAD to be a pond, so I put out a recommendation of a place to look. I would imagine a 250-acre lake would have plenty of places to fish.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Ducks!!!!!!

Wonder what kind of bait you'd have to use. I imagine the bread crumbs would get soggy quickly. :shrug:

Well besides the ducks... a friend of mine has been posting pictures of fish he has been catching there... I think it is carp but my fish identification skills are not very good.

Mabus

Free Rent
There are 2 ponds at Take-It-Easy campground in Callaway, both with catfish and crappie. St Marys lake has both catfish and crappie. If you have base access, many ponds on the base are available.

Perch, sunfish, redear can be caught using a size 8 or 10 hook, a BB shot, and a can of kernel corn, may even catch catfish and carp too.

WoodyNorris

There are 2 ponds at Take-It-Easy campground in Callaway, both with catfish and crappie. St Marys lake has both catfish and crappie. If you have base access, many ponds on the base are available.

Perch, sunfish, redear can be caught using a size 8 or 10 hook, a BB shot, and a can of kernel corn, may even catch catfish and carp too.

You suppose they're biting now?

Mabus

Free Rent
The best lures I use at this time for panfish and small bass are:

Small beetle spins
Bitsy minnows
Rapala original floater

The weather lately has been very cooperative. Friends of mine were visiting Chaptico Wharf this past weekend and saw several people pull fish out, nice size catfish and white perch, I think that's brackish water though.

dave1959

You are living in a county surrounded by some of the best fishing waters in the mid-atlantic, Why would you fish in a pond ???

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
There are some fresh water fish that I really like..that can't be caught anywhere else but in fresh water.

We'll be fishing for bass, mostly, in about a month, but the "lakes" (large ponds really) that we fish are in Virginia so I'm no help with local suggestions.