Looking for something to do?

Bowhuntress

Try the SCA. We re create the Middle Ages. We do heavy sword fighting in full armor in Lusby on Weds nights.

We do events almost every weekend all over the USA in full armor, everyone dresses in clothing dating from 600 AD to 1500 AD. We do Combat Archery, Target Archery, thrown weapons, siege machines, rapier fighting, and hold court with the King and Queen! We can have real feasts that will last hours and leave you so full, you'll think Thanks Giving was a drop in the bucket! In some areas we even do jousting! We have artists that spend hours painting, designing and printing hand designed awards, that are given at court. We have brewers that make their own ale and meads. We have camping and campfires. We have childrens activites. You can learn how to make your own lace, soaps, perfumes... Learn how to dance in the Middle Ages! Learn how to cast with metals, or how to make your own armor! Learn wood working! Learn everything! Or Learn nothing, put in as much of a effort as you want.

We have a war in Aug where about 13,000 people show up! No, Really! It's held in PA.

Look us up: www.DunCarraig.net
and www.sca.org

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Bowhuntress said:
Try the SCA. We re create the Middle Ages. We do heavy sword fighting in full armor in Lusby on Weds nights.

We do events almost every weekend all over the USA in full armor, everyone dresses in clothing dating from 600 AD to 1500 AD. We do Combat Archery, Target Archery, thrown weapons, siege machines, rapier fighting, and hold court with the King and Queen! We can have real feasts that will last hours and leave you so full, you'll think Thanks Giving was a drop in the bucket! In some areas we even do jousting! We have artists that spend hours painting, designing and printing hand designed awards, that are given at court. We have brewers that make their own ale and meads. We have camping and campfires. We have childrens activites. You can learn how to make your own lace, soaps, perfumes... Learn how to dance in the Middle Ages! Learn how to cast with metals, or how to make your own armor! Learn wood working! Learn everything! Or Learn nothing, put in as much of a effort as you want.

We have a war in Aug where about 13,000 people show up! No, Really! It's held in PA.

Look us up: www.DunCarraig.net
and www.sca.org

Was your group at the HVFD last month?

Bowhuntress

Yup. That was 12 Night. Our Christmas party. Only about 600 people came there. We had a feast to die for! Some merchants, a mead contest, some displays of hand made work. We held court with the King. The Queen couldn't make it. My Baron even won a special award I'm proud to say!

You see us all there dressed funny? :)

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Bowhuntress said:
Yup. That was 12 Night. Our Christmas party. Only about 600 people came there. We had a feast to die for! Some merchants, a mead contest, some displays of hand made work. We held court with the King. The Queen couldn't make it. My Baron even won a special award I'm proud to say!

You see us all there dressed funny? :)

I was there for a short spell. We usually do the RennFaire instead, not quite as subdued. :yay:

Bowhuntress

RoseRed said:
I was there for a short spell. We usually do the RennFaire instead, not quite as subdued. :yay:

We were on our best behavior. LOL I only got tipsy, not wasted! After all, that was our one formal event of the year. We have a Middle Eastern Event coming up next weekend. Belly dancing and the like. No heavy fighting at that event. A period feast from the region too. Should be different.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Bowhuntress said:
We were on our best behavior. LOL I only got tipsy, not wasted! After all, that was our one formal event of the year. We have a Middle Eastern Event coming up next weekend. Belly dancing and the like. No heavy fighting at that event. A period feast from the region too. Should be different.

The HVFD shure looked differnet with you peeps rather than when I got married and it was full of biker peeps. :lol:

fttrsbeerwench

Subued...

I spent two nights in Darlington with the tuchucks when I was 6 months pregnant... MY GOD! Seeing all that when you're sober will curl your toes...

Nothing like being 6 months pregnant, wearing leather, and sleeping on the ground.. WOOHOO!!

Bowhuntress

Come on by tomorrow night and put on some armor. I'll have loaner gear with me. You wack a few strangers in the head. Will be fun. :smack:

Bowhuntress said:
LOL. I bet. I was in a gold and red hoop skirt, Tudor style! A far cry from Harley wear. LOL
K_Jo had a Tudor skirt, but she lent it to Nickel and it's not as Tudory now...:ohwell: