Looking for straw or shavings..

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
I would like to keep it local... anyone have any names and #'s?

Thanks in advance!!!

straw is the hardest thing EVER to clean, well to pick a stall. You have to take it all out, and you have to use a pitch fork... i know im no help, lol.

J

jaybeeztoo

Thanks in advance!!!

These people sell straw off Sotterley Road. 301 373-3250. Give them a call and see if they have any.

It is hard to clean though. Sawdust would be best. I know you can get bales/bags of it from Southern States in Charlotte Hall. Sawdust is MUCH easier to clean :yay:

erinjograves

Thanks in advance!!!

I agree with everyone else. Straw is a pain in the butt to clean. The only time we use it is for babies. I use the Equine Pine or Equine Fresh. You can get it at Tractor Supply or up at Loveville. I love it. It comes in a 40lb bag. I pick my stalls once a day and muck them every 3 months. It lasts longer than Sawdust in my opinion and you dont have to worry about covering it when it rains and all that good stuff.
Just in case you still want Straw, there is a guy up on 6 towards St. Mary's, his name is Peter. I have no clue what his number is. But he has a sign out for hay and straw right on 6.
Good Luck

covekat

thanks for the response... I did find some straw...as far as it being a pain to clean, not really if you know how to do a straw stall.... I've bedded on both straw and shavings... I have 12 stalls so buying by the bag (whether pine shavings or pelleted bedding would be way to expensive)... We clean our stalls everyday, and most of the stalls I need to only add half a bale, the rest is saved, we get to the bottom of each stall everyday and rake it out. I can do a 12x12 stall in less than 10 minutes and have it clean enough for your grandmother to take a nap in....:razz:

Straw / shavings

Thanks in advance!!!

Try Bowles Trucking - Mike.

301-481-0434 - cell
301-475-8641 or 475-7082

I am not sure if he will deliver down your way or not. I got shavings from him the other year and he was totally reasonable. Not sure of his prices this year.

covekat

Thanks for the numbers.. I did fine good straw at a great price... but would also like a load of shavings too... I'll give Mike a call!