Looking for teacup chihuahua from reputable seller

joedancer

bookman
Hi,
I did see the two ads in the classified. I have tried contacting one of them three times, but there is no reply. The other I am not interested in for other reasons. If you know of anyone, please let me know by private message if possible.
thanks so much,
Joe

yknotpoms

SOMD POM MOM
Go Cattitude.....One thing the pom breeders hate is the teacup discription. Most go unanswered. Sometimes requests for small also go unresponded to, because it is a relative term. I also suggest joedancer read the AKC Chi standard to help ask questions.

I can tell you that Clayton Mooney is a breeder in MD and shows as well as comes from a family of Chi breeders. I haven't recently seen him at the shows, but he lost family and maybe still taking time off. There is a dog show at the MD fairgrounds in Timonium, MD this week-end if you want to find out more go to Home Page, InfoDog -# The Dog Fancier's Complete Resource for information# AKC Dog Show Events, and Dog Products and Services and see if you can find out when Chi's are showing and you can meet breeders there and they maybe able to help you.

If you aren't in a rush there will be a show at the Charles County Fair Grounds July 2-5.

joedancer

bookman
I completely understand the misuse of the term teacup, one cannot have a chi for almost 15 years and not learn about the breed and the actual akc designations. With that said, I would like a chi as small as mine, who is 2 and a half pounds.

With that said, thank you for your reply.

My best,

Joe

FYI--

There is no such thing as a "teacup" chihuahua. It's just a sale tactic. Beware of "applehead" chi's as well...no such thing.

I'd recommend you look at this site and call some of the people listed and let them recommend a breeder for you. :yay:

Good luck!

American Kennel Club - Chihuahua Club of Maryland - BALTIMORE - MD - 970

joedancer

bookman
Thank you for your reply. I have read the akc information. Heck, I am a bookseller, my passion is reading! I also work with the animal welfare league as I am passionate about animals. So please cut me a break. I only wanted to be understood by others that might not understand.

I am currently in grief over the final days of my chi, so I may not be thinking nor expressing myself as articulately as I should. Those of you that have been through losing your pet, which I am sure most have, will understand, and I hope can show compassion for someone going through it right now.

Thank you for your information.

my best,
Joe

Go Cattitude.....One thing the pom breeders hate is the teacup discription. Most go unanswered. Sometimes requests for small also go unresponded to, because it is a relative term. I also suggest joedancer read the AKC Chi standard to help ask questions.

I can tell you that Clayton Mooney is a breeder in MD and shows as well as comes from a family of Chi breeders. I haven't recently seen him at the shows, but he lost family and maybe still taking time off. There is a dog show at the MD fairgrounds in Timonium, MD this week-end if you want to find out more go to Home Page, InfoDog -# The Dog Fancier's Complete Resource for information# AKC Dog Show Events, and Dog Products and Services and see if you can find out when Chi's are showing and you can meet breeders there and they maybe able to help you.

If you aren't in a rush there will be a show at the Charles County Fair Grounds July 2-5.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Thank you for your reply. I have read the akc information. Heck, I am a bookseller, my passion is reading! I also work with the animal welfare league as I am passionate about animals. So please cut me a break. I only wanted to be understood by others that might not understand.

I am currently in grief over the final days of my chi, so I may not be thinking nor expressing myself as articulately as I should. Those of you that have been through losing your pet, which I am sure most have, will understand, and I hope can show compassion for someone going through it right now.

my best,
Joe

:huggy: Hard to see a pet age.

As there are so many irresponsible breeders around the area, just wanted to be sure you didn't get stung.

joedancer

bookman
:huggy: Hard to see a pet age.

As there are so many irresponsible breeders around the area, just wanted to be sure you didn't get stung.

Your statement applies to many areas around the country. I bought a chihuahua before Java when I was living in Dallas, Texas. The poor little guy had major problems. Had a seizure shortly after she was home with me. I took her to emergency and spent over $400 on her. She was supposedly "guaranteed" I lost what I paid for her and what I spent on her emergency visit and the woman dissappeared off the face of the earth! Awful experience.

We don't mind driving a distance for a healthy chi.

Thanks for your help!
Joe

mizteresa1965

Your statement applies to many areas around the country. I bought a chihuahua before Java when I was living in Dallas, Texas. The poor little guy had major problems. Had a seizure shortly after she was home with me. I took her to emergency and spent over $400 on her. She was supposedly "guaranteed" I lost what I paid for her and what I spent on her emergency visit and the woman dissappeared off the face of the earth! Awful experience.

We don't mind driving a distance for a healthy chi.

Thanks for your help!
Joe

Be aware that some individual has been posting bogus ads for animals on the classifieds of somd.com.........."and for a $200 transportation fee we can have your teacup yorkie shipped to you from Macaroon".......

I anwered a couple of the ads, and that was always the same response, I reported them over and over and I think the classified moderators are well aware of these scam artists.

I wish you luck in finding your new puppy. :)

yknotpoms

SOMD POM MOM
Sorry for you loss. Stuck my foot in my mouth. Your post gave little info and regretably I have been threw the mill with people a few too many times thru rescue. I don't know anything about Clayton's breeding of Chi's, but I have talked with him a few times and he is a nice man. There is also another couple of gentlemen and women that have nice Chi's in the local area. I am bad with names so forgive me some of them even have poms too. Tell people why you are looking, tell them about yourself and your knowledge and if they don't respond, they aren't the ones for you. I will be at the Baltimore show on Sunday if you want to ride up with me and my husband we would be glad to take you along, but I have to leave at 5:30 to be there by 7:30 to prep for the pom specialty. Then I have to stop in Silver Spring to help a friend give shots. However, I would be willing to walk around with you and see if we can find a chi person that meets your needs. If you want to drive up on your own and would like someone to show you around and help you find people let me know and will be happy to help at the show too. PM me if interested and I will give you my cell number.

Again sorry for your loss, it sure isn't easy.

yknotpoms

SOMD POM MOM
Be aware that some individual has been posting bogus ads for animals on the classifieds of somd.com.........."and for a $200 transportation fee we can have your teacup yorkie shipped to you from Macaroon".......

:)

So true, but if you tell somd about the bad ones they will do something

joedancer

bookman
Thanks so much for this. I am not sure who Clayton is. Is he one of the two current postings in classifieds here? We are looking for a female. One of the posters is down in st mary's and the other is in Prince Fred. I emailed the st mary's one three times with no response. But, perhaps they are out of town. I do like to give folks the benefit of the doubt.
Thanks for the offer for Sunday. I have to work on sunday and would not be able to go. How very kind of you to offer. Thanks for that! PM me if you have any info you can share about local breeders. Thanks!

Joe

Sorry for you loss. Stuck my foot in my mouth. Your post gave little info and regretably I have been threw the mill with people a few too many times thru rescue. I don't know anything about Clayton's breeding of Chi's, but I have talked with him a few times and he is a nice man. There is also another couple of gentlemen and women that have nice Chi's in the local area. I am bad with names so forgive me some of them even have poms too. Tell people why you are looking, tell them about yourself and your knowledge and if they don't respond, they aren't the ones for you. I will be at the Baltimore show on Sunday if you want to ride up with me and my husband we would be glad to take you along, but I have to leave at 5:30 to be there by 7:30 to prep for the pom specialty. Then I have to stop in Silver Spring to help a friend give shots. However, I would be willing to walk around with you and see if we can find a chi person that meets your needs. If you want to drive up on your own and would like someone to show you around and help you find people let me know and will be happy to help at the show too. PM me if interested and I will give you my cell number.

Again sorry for your loss, it sure isn't easy.

Nanny Pam

my best,
Joe

:huggy:

yknotpoms

SOMD POM MOM
I will ask around on Sunday for you and see what I can come back with some contacts for you. Clayton is a member of the MD Chi Club.

Thanks so much for this. I am not sure who Clayton is. Is he one of the two current postings in classifieds here? We are looking for a female. One of the posters is down in st mary's and the other is in Prince Fred. I emailed the st mary's one three times with no response. But, perhaps they are out of town. I do like to give folks the benefit of the doubt.
Thanks for the offer for Sunday. I have to work on sunday and would not be able to go. How very kind of you to offer. Thanks for that! PM me if you have any info you can share about local breeders. Thanks!

Joe

joedancer

bookman
Thanks so much! I did hear from the breeder down here in Piney Point. Do you know her? I will PM her name.
thanks,
Joe

yknotpoms

SOMD POM MOM
I sent you a reply. If you want help with pointers on checking out a breeder let me know. I would be happy to help you.

BarbinMD

Hi,
I did see the two ads in the classified. I have tried contacting one of them three times, but there is no reply. The other I am not interested in for other reasons. If you know of anyone, please let me know by private message if possible.
thanks so much,
Joe

As Joe's Pet Sitter, I can vouch that he and his wife will provide an absolutely wonderful, loving home. I doublt you will find a more loved dog than his current one. He is hurting greatly now and there will soon be a huge hole in his heart that needs filled. Thank you in advance to all who are willing to help him find a quality, reputable breeder.

Best of luck in finding someone to help with the healing, Joe.

C

campinmutt

Hi Joe, I have a chihuahua that I bought from a "show " breeder....she is the sweetest thing ever , but we did pay a huge price ad then had to fix the skin infection,second row of teeth and the uvitus( sp??) as well as her spay. I new of the problem when I saw her( the breeder did not bring them up ..lol) but I wanted to get her out of there......but she is worth every penny !! anyway Busterduck here on the forums is a great breeder here locally ...and you can check with Rita at Ritas dog grooming in Prince Frederick. she has bred chihuahuas for years and I believe her sister may have a litter now. although I am not sure either of them have one quite that small. good luck in finding your next baby girl !!

maxima87

Football Mom!!!
Thanks so much! I did hear from the breeder down here in Piney Point. Do you know her? I will PM her name.
thanks,
Joe

This may be the lady on St. Geroge's Island...my brothers GF bought one from her. She was very particular about who she sold her dogs to, and turned several people away that were looking for a dress up animal (can't blame her)! If it is her, the one they bought was healthy and awesome if I do say so myself! Good luck!