Looking For...

caboy001

Hey there everyone, I am a college student in Towson, MD and I'm not so pleased with my schools riding program so I'm looking for some other options. I've been riding for as along as I can remember and have lots of great references from trainers, fellow riders, etc that I can pass on. So what I'm looking for is some horses to just ride. I guess suggestions of lesson barns in the area would be helpful in case I can't get horses to ride but that's what I'm looking for.

If anybody may be interested please PM me for more info on myself. I would not be looking to get paid I would just like to find some people who need help exercising or training their horses and don't want to spend a load of money. So if you need help or know someone...let me know!!

Thanks!

devinej

ohhh i see you are all the way up in towson! most of us are wayyy down in southern maryland, pretty far away. i don't know anything about riding up around towson but i'm sure there are lots of farms up there with horses, like in hunt valley. oh oh look at Tranquility manor farm, they may have something for you. i think they have a website www.tranquillitymanorfarm.com

caboy001

hmmm...being a college student you would think I could have looked at a map and realized I'm not really in Souther Maryland : )...oops. But since I probably won't get much luck here, do you perhaps know of other forums? Maybe all of MD or Baltimore area, I've been trying to find one and this was the best I got.

Thanks for the barn suggestion I will look into it!

fredsaid2

hmmm...being a college student you would think I could have looked at a map and realized I'm not really in Souther Maryland : )...oops. But since I probably won't get much luck here, do you perhaps know of other forums? Maybe all of MD or Baltimore area, I've been trying to find one and this was the best I got.

Thanks for the barn suggestion I will look into it!

Check CoTH (Chronicle of the Horse). It has a heavy md/va membership. Someone there could likely point you in the right direction. Good Luck!

Duckz

Check CoTH (Chronicle of the Horse). It has a heavy md/va membership. Someone there could likely point you in the right direction. Good Luck!

I saw this exact same question on CoTH, I'm assuming it's the same person :whistle:

Caboy, you go to Goucher, right? Can Patti help you find some horses in the area that need riding? When I was a freshman in college, my coach sent me and a couple others off to another barn that wanted their horses schooled. Also, check with the girls who ride at Goucher, a lot of them are probably from the Baltimore area and might be able to hook you up.

Good luck! :howdy: