Looking for ....

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
Hi all my mother just adopted a TB a few months ago after being out of the horse world for 20+ years. She just loves this horse and would like to find a smaller, ride-able companion for him. Idealy she would love to find a paint or a pinto around 14.2 hands that is a calm trail horse. She is watching on the web, which is how she found Jazz her TB, but I figured I would post her just in case someon knows of a local horse/large pony that would fit the bill :) Thanks in advance for any info or leads :)

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
I did notice the pony in the classifieds but she mentions he's not for beginners (which honestly I probably fall under at this point) I haven't ridden in 10 years and I have to say it hasn't been like riding a bike for me :) As a kid/teen hopping up on anything ride able was never a concern, now at 30 and a mother of 3 I have to admit I have more reservations about it :) I've taken her horse Jazz out a few times and I'm not sure if it's his size, his attitude (he's really a nice horse, but I would say a little strong willed), or just me (or a combination of all three, haha) but I don't feel at ease on him and I'm sure he knows it :( We would love to go out together and find a companion for Jazz, so we would like to find someone smaller and easy going. My oldest has taken lessons and we would like to find a horse that she would be able to control on her on as time goes on too - so we would really like to find a horse that is kid friendly. Like I said Jazz really is a nice nice horse, both her vet and the farrier went on about what a nice horse he is, so maybe it's just me :( :( I figured I would ask here as I know everyone seems to know of someone that wants/needs to place a horse after you purchased one and I thought I might be able to get honest feedback if someone replied w/ a lemon horse for sale, hahaha
Thanks so much for the suggestions above :) It wouldn't hurt to go see the pony, I'll mention him to my mom :)

dawn25

Small Paint (Trail Horse)

I did notice the pony in the classifieds but she mentions he's not for beginners (which honestly I probably fall under at this point) I haven't ridden in 10 years and I have to say it hasn't been like riding a bike for me :) As a kid/teen hopping up on anything ride able was never a concern, now at 30 and a mother of 3 I have to admit I have more reservations about it :) I've taken her horse Jazz out a few times and I'm not sure if it's his size, his attitude (he's really a nice horse, but I would say a little strong willed), or just me (or a combination of all three, haha) but I don't feel at ease on him and I'm sure he knows it :( We would love to go out together and find a companion for Jazz, so we would like to find someone smaller and easy going. My oldest has taken lessons and we would like to find a horse that she would be able to control on her on as time goes on too - so we would really like to find a horse that is kid friendly. Like I said Jazz really is a nice nice horse, both her vet and the farrier went on about what a nice horse he is, so maybe it's just me :( :( I figured I would ask here as I know everyone seems to know of someone that wants/needs to place a horse after you purchased one and I thought I might be able to get honest feedback if someone replied w/ a lemon horse for sale, hahaha
Thanks so much for the suggestions above :) It wouldn't hurt to go see the pony, I'll mention him to my mom :)

I am logged on through a friends account so please call rather then reply. It sounds like I may have just what you are looking for. (14.2 Paint 8 years old great trail horse). Please contact me ASAP on my cell 757-880-1012 anytime. Or you can email me at morgancrest2009@yahoo.com. Thanks

Aggalise

Hi

My 16 year old daughter, Kylie, is working with a really nice 9 year old quarter horse mare.She's small, about 15" and is really sweet. They are asking $900.00 for her. She's in the Brandywine area.
Call us on 240-320-4086