Looks like I’ll be getting dox’ed

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
By the helicopter moms at my son’s college. One of them posted in the FB group that there needs to be a snitch line to rat out their school mates.

My response? “I think that’s a terrible idea.”

Yeah, that was not this squad of HOA board members wanted to hear. They just want to raise the next generation of Karens and rat out anyone that disagrees with them.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
By the helicopter moms at my son’s college. One of them posted in the FB group that there needs to be a snitch line to rat out their school mates.

My response? “I think that’s a terrible idea.”

Yeah, that was not this squad of HOA board members wanted to hear. They just want to raise the next generation of Karens and rat out anyone that disagrees with them.
UGH. They need to let their kids have some independence and autonomy, for crap's sake. :rolleyes:

kom526

What I’d like as a parent would be some transparency on the the testing protocols. Are they PCR or Rapid tests? Given the information I’ve read regarding the labs testing the samples, are they testing to the extent that come hell or high water you will be getting a positive result.
For asymptomatic, lower risk populations the rapid test is more than sufficient. At least they are good enough for MLB, NHL, NBA.

kom526

I would never have thought of having a “Social media group” with the parents of my child’s college classmates. She’s old enough to figure it out on her own By this age.
Imma tell ya, them ladies be cray cray. But it has proven very useful for the ramp up to move in since many of them called and emailed the school to get information that was not easily found on the school website.

TPD

the poor dad
Imma tell ya, them ladies be cray cray. But it has proven very useful for the ramp up to move in since many of them called and emailed the school to get information that was not easily found on the school website.

lol use em all you can then! Just keep your mouth shut.

black dog

Free America
Amazing with all the singles serving in the Armed Services in barracks and housing two to a room around the world, and yet almost non existent virus problems. Maybe they are better at cleaning and washing their hands. :whistle:

kom526

Karen: Level 11

It’s unfortunate that there isn’t security in each of the freshman dorm buildings. This would eliminate the problem!
This is from a parent regarding kids at college being college kids.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I would never have thought of having a “Social media group” with the parents of my child’s college classmates. She’s old enough to figure it out on her own By this age.
By the time you get to college, the training wheels should have been removed. Get out the big scissors and cut those apron strings.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Goes back to what has been said here many times: parents are raising children totally incapable of dealing with today's world without the parents butting in and "helping".

kom526

By the time you get to college, the training wheels should have been removed. Get out the big scissors and cut those apron strings.
I stated that instead calling for the manager that the student (alleged adult) should say something to the offending party if they are violating school rules and the pledge they signed. This one mother strapped on the skis and ... you know what? She went BEYOND "nuking the fridge" to hell with the shark. Her first argument was straight out of that old movie reefer madness then it was straight to (another mother) HaVe YoU 3vEr b3En RAPED?

kom526

Kom: Sure. My daughter will walk into a group of I don't know how many, who are producing what she called a Weed Cloud Apocalpyse, and talk to the person responsible. All while having an allergy attack to said weed (which is still, mind you, illegal in Pennsylvania). That's a SUPER idea. Thanks. Thanks for suggesting she put herself into physical danger by creating a confrontation with kids who are probably physically larger and stronger than she is, who are drunk/stoned/high and therefore SO utterly predictable in their behavior, and who she's going to have to continue to live safely with.

Mom with some sense: our kids are in college and ADULTS and need to be treated as such. That answer is ridiculous.

SuperKaren: Ever been raped?

TPD

the poor dad
Kom: Sure. My daughter will walk into a group of I don't know how many, who are producing what she called a Weed Cloud Apocalpyse, and talk to the person responsible. All while having an allergy attack to said weed (which is still, mind you, illegal in Pennsylvania). That's a SUPER idea. Thanks. Thanks for suggesting she put herself into physical danger by creating a confrontation with kids who are probably physically larger and stronger than she is, who are drunk/stoned/high and therefore SO utterly predictable in their behavior, and who she's going to have to continue to live safely with.

Mom with some sense: our kids are in college and ADULTS and need to be treated as such. That answer is ridiculous.

SuperKaren: Ever been raped?

The Real House Mothers of College!

you will need to post more of these conversations so the rest of us can understand the helicopter mom of thinking. We may want to riot on their behalf...

lmor

kom, my grandson is a college freshman also and my daughter made the same observation as you. The parents on the facebook page are over the top hovering. Seems their kids are incapable of figuring out anything on their own. The page was useful to find out stuff for move-in, but now it is just amusing along with horrifying that they have so little faith in their kid's ability to launch.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Just think, these snowflakes that have Mommy still hovering, will be home in no time and living in their basements.