Looks like I'm shopping ...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Cha-Ching $$$$$$$$

Can it be fixed?
I know. 😐

I'm pretty sure the previous owners bought it in the mid to late 90's. Fourteen years ago it took a dump, but the guy I was dating then replaced the motherboard and its been fine until now. Neighbor came over this evening to check the coils, they were fine. Time to replace.

Fortunately, they had room in their freezer for the meats and seafood. I don't care about the rest. Fridge side seems to be keeping cool enough for now.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Need a loaner until you can get one?
Thank you. I'm pretty sure you helped me back then.

Since my frozen stuff is in my neighbors freezer, I'm good. As long as the fridge stays cold enough, I'm hoping to limp along. Going shopping tomorrow after work.

But I will definitely keep your offer on the table. Thank you!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....

Since my frozen stuff is in my neighbors freezer, I'm good. As long as the fridge stays cold enough, I'm hoping to limp along. Going shopping tomorrow after work.

Ok, but don't wait until everything gets too warm before you call.

TPD

the poor dad
Need a loaner until you can get one?

Let me know if you need help moving the loaner, the old one, or a new one.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I wish with all my heart I could give you my perfectly good fridge so I can get one that doesn't have an ice dispenser in the door. I hate those things!
You pay for shipping and you can have mine, just a simple plain ol' top freezer unit, and you can ship yours to Rose.

:biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You pay for shipping and you can have mine, just a simple plain ol' top freezer unit, and you can ship yours to Rose.

:biggrin:

Seems legit....

I want one like I had at my house and apartment, with the ice maker but doesn't dispense out the door.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Seems legit....

I want one like I had at my house and apartment, with the ice maker but doesn't dispense out the door.
Kind of agree.... I love the water dispenser, but the ice dispenser is kind of a PITA. Spits ice everywhere, jams...

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
For a new fridge. :ohwell:
Rut roh! Mine won't freaking DIE! It's 24 years old and all the damn shelves are breaking and they cost $150+ to replace! :lol:

I have a home warranty that I keep paying for every year. (for the really big things, honestly) So I could replace it fairly cheap with that. But nooooooooooooooooo. :rolleyes:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
Thank you all. I disengaged the ice and water thing years ago. Knock Knock sealed me on that. 😂😂😂
I did, as well. The condensation cycle still causes this one to get clogged about once a year. I have to go in and thaw it out and put some bleach water down that drain thingy. :ohwell:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Probably not. I had that done 14 years ago. I'm pretty sure it was originally purchased in the late 90's.

yes it is worth fixing, the new ones don't last 5 yrs

and it you do get a new one, do not bother with an ice maker unit