Looks like Iran is getting ready to play..,,..

TPD

the poor dad
So what does anyone here think what is Iran’s endgame?

Sock puppets of Russia?

I really have no clue - workin on the 3rd or 4th adult beverage this evening so will wait for someone else to tell me what to think at this point.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
So what does anyone here think what is Iran’s endgame?
Mischief in the Strait, mischief in Iraq, mischief in Lebanon (supporting Hezbollah), mischief in Afghanistan all in the service of continued regional instability. Any global instability (think, global oil prices going up as a result of the regional mischief) would be "sauce for the goose."

Iran's BM/nuke program is integrally tied in to this overall "instability agenda." Opinions vary as to whether Iran has a viable BM/nuke program and these opinions are driven by a wide variety of things: politics, analysis, classification level. I'm of the mind (don't ask me why) that Iran's BM/nuke program is more capable than not and that that capability worries Europe. Whether real or propaganda Iran does hope any threat to Europe will cause Europe to put pressure on the U.S. in its direct dealing with Iran. So Iran works (as all good Great Game players) on both direct and indirect approaches.

IMHO FWIW

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
Going miles in hopes of inches. If they keep us working to regain stability, we are worried less about gaining traction on the nukes and embargo actions. They are sure that other nations are not willing to up the ante. So they seize a ship illegally in return for the Brits seizing one legally. They probe with drones towards US military vessels. They know that politicians will seek a normal state where crazy stuff like this doesn't happen, like water, at the lowest point. If that means letting them get away with the occasional oil shipment and mil-tech arms purchase, well, politicians want reelection, not anything else.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Sitting here in the UK ....you can bet the seizure has been frontline news since it occurred. There is only one UK frigate that was covering their tanker traffic which is apparently many per day. Another naval vessel is due to arrive though and I’d expect any US Navy assets would assist if close by.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Tend to agree with Yooper, a game to drive the US out of the region and to put pressure on the US to release the sanctions.
They know they couldn't win in a conventional war, so they are going back to the terrorist tactics, a pseudo guerrilla war, small strikes to bleed the US one pin prick at a time.