Lost Dog - Lucy

dawn

Lost on St. George's Island

Lucy is 17 years old, black and gray shaggy dog. She is blind and hard of hearing. She has short legs and a long body. If you see her please call 301-904-0653

Attachments

• 1904256_10152396765818583_585925204180029603_n.jpg
    1904256_10152396765818583_585925204180029603_n.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:

TTTGAS

It sure does look like her. Dawn said she had short legs though.

I don't think it is Lucy. She has tan feet up to her knees. I went to Tricounty yesterday and going again today. I've searched the woods and water, no sign of her. I adopted her 17 years ago, I'm distraught. The only thing left to get ahold of is the county and state roads admin to see if they removed a hurt or dead dog, no one has answered their phone yet. Thanks for keeping an eye out for her, she has to be somewhere.

Roman

:huggy:
I don't think it is Lucy. She has tan feet up to her knees. I went to Tricounty yesterday and going again today. I've searched the woods and water, no sign of her. I adopted her 17 years ago, I'm distraught. The only thing left to get ahold of is the county and state roads admin to see if they removed a hurt or dead dog, no one has answered their phone yet. Thanks for keeping an eye out for her, she has to be somewhere.
I am very sorry that she hasn't returned yet. please let us know if she turns up. Is she chipped? I would think if state roads picked her up, they'd contact the shelter? I'm not sure on that one. Have you posted her information on any other site, like Face Book?

Last edited:

TTTGAS

:huggy:I am very sorry that she hasn't returned yet. please let us know if she turns up. Is she chipped? I would think if state roads picked her up, they'd contact the shelter? I'm not sure on that one. Have you posted her information on any other site, like Face Book?

I'll let everyone know. Second Hope has put her up on Facebook and she is up on Craigslist. 17 years ago they didn't chip but I might have chipped her over the years. I fostered many dogs and cats and chipped them so I need to go through her records to see if I had chipped her as well. It's hard to remember which of my personal dogs I might have chipped. I also did chipping during shot clinics with SHR. On my way home tonight from picking up my daughter from color guard completion we saw a yellow lab on Piney Point Road right before Thomas Rd. He ran into a yard when we pulled over to try to see if his/her collar had tags. He wouldn't come to us but his collar looked orange or reddish. I was hoping one of the yards belonged to him because no one was with him. I drove off slowly and he stayed in the yard. I wanted to mention it just in case someone is looking for him.

mamatutu

mama to two
I'll let everyone know. Second Hope has put her up on Facebook and she is up on Craigslist. 17 years ago they didn't chip but I might have chipped her over the years. I fostered many dogs and cats and chipped them so I need to go through her records to see if I had chipped her as well. It's hard to remember which of my personal dogs I might have chipped. I also did chipping during shot clinics with SHR. On my way home tonight from picking up my daughter from color guard completion we saw a yellow lab on Piney Point Road right before Thomas Rd. He ran into a yard when we pulled over to try to see if his/her collar had tags. He wouldn't come to us but his collar looked orange or reddish. I was hoping one of the yards belonged to him because no one was with him. I drove off slowly and he stayed in the yard. I wanted to mention it just in case someone is looking for him.

I always hate to post in these 'lost pet' threads because I think the OP thinks the pet is found. I just wanted to say I understand your heartbreak, and I hope Lucy is found. Just remember it is not your fault; 17 years is a long time. No pet makes it that long without true love and care. Good luck in you search.

TTTGAS

I always hate to post in these 'lost pet' threads because I think the OP thinks the pet is found. I just wanted to say I understand your heartbreak, and I hope Lucy is found. Just remember it is not your fault; 17 years is a long time. No pet makes it that long without true love and care. Good luck in you search.

Thank you for your kind words, it does help because it's hard to not feel fault. Lucy has always been such a loving sweet dog, still has good life left in her. I keep hoping we will find her one way or another. I just want her home. Thanks again to everyone caring about her.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
... we saw a yellow lab on Piney Point Road right before Thomas Rd. He ran into a yard when we pulled over to try to see if his/her collar had tags. He wouldn't come to us but his collar looked orange or reddish...

That was "Guiness". He's an "old school" island dog and has a number of places that he feels he must visit every day. It used to be that lots of Labs and Retrievers made their regular "rounds" on the island. Thanks for keeping an eye out though, and we've been looking for Lucy too.

Last edited:

TTTGAS

That was "Guiness". He's an "old school" island dog and has a number of places that he feels he must visit every day. It used to be that lots of Labs and Retrievers made their regular "rounds" on the island. Thanks for keeping an eye out though, and we've been looking for Lucy too.

Ok, it's like Rosco sp? on the island! Thanks for letting me know he's just making his rounds. He probably thought I was nuts! Thanks for looking out for Lucy, I can't believe I haven't found her or she has not been seen somewhere. She couldn't go that far. I continue to look all the time, I have'nt seen any signs of turkey vultures or such if she has died, no smells of decay. If she had fallen in the water, with the crazy hightide we just had, I would have thought that would have brought her inland but I still couldn't find her. I'm at a loss for what else I can do.

TTTGAS

Ok, it's like Rosco sp? on the island! Thanks for letting me know he's just making his rounds. He probably thought I was nuts! Thanks for looking out for Lucy, I can't believe I haven't found her or she has not been seen somewhere. She couldn't go that far. I continue to look all the time, I have'nt seen any signs of turkey vultures or such if she has died, no smells of decay. If she had fallen in the water, with the crazy hightide we just had, I would have thought that would have brought her inland but I still couldn't find her. I'm at a loss for what else I can do.

Still cannot find or have not heard of anyone seeing Lucy... I'm heartbroken.

mamatutu

mama to two
Still cannot find or have not heard of anyone seeing Lucy... I'm heartbroken.

There is nothing I can say to help your broken heart. Just remember I, and others care about your loss because we understand, and wish you the best.

TTTGAS

Was Lucy ever found?

Unfortunately not, but I continue to look everyday. I am going to ask other neighbors if I can go through their woods because any of the woods surrounding us, she's not there. State and county said they have not picked up any dead dogs either. Neighbor said I should stop looking but they can just go on thinking I'm nuts. I just can't stop.