LOST-Speculation on who the "others" are

Cletus_Vandam

I know were are all wondering the same thing, who are the others and how in the world can they know so much and do all the other things they are able to?

I've heard friends say that they think that everyone on the plane died in the crash and they are all in purgatory, but last time I heard the theology on purgatory, children and dogs wouldn't be there... So I don't think that's it.

I personally think the others are aliens. How else could they know what they know about everyone's deepest secrets; cure Juliet's sisters' cancer; etc. I think they created the island to mirror their planet and cannot re-populate to keep their civilization going. That's why they are seeking mothers and babies to survive.

What is everyone else's take on this?

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
Cletus_Vandam said:
I know were are all wondering the same thing, who are the others and how in the world can they know so much and do all the other things they are able to?

I've heard friends say that they think that everyone on the plane died in the crash and they are all in purgatory, but last time I heard the theology on purgatory, children and dogs wouldn't be there... So I don't think that's it.

I personally think the others are aliens. How else could they know what they know about everyone's deepest secrets; cure Juliet's sisters' cancer; etc. I think they created the island to mirror their planet and cannot re-populate to keep their civilization going. That's why they are seeking mothers and babies to survive.

What is everyone else's take on this?

That's a very interesting theory. Would make sense.

But I've quit trying to guess.

Cletus_Vandam

MysticalMom said:
That's a very interesting theory. Would make sense.

But I've quit trying to guess.

I know what you mean. Every time the show starts taking you down one path they totally throw in the opposite direction. I guess that's what makes it as entertaining as it is...

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
Cletus_Vandam said:
I know what you mean. Every time the show starts taking you down one path they totally throw in the opposite direction. I guess that's what makes it as entertaining as it is...

They sure know how to keep me interested and on the edge of my seat. Everytime I think I know something there's another twist.

I've had people ask me to tell them what the show is all about. I tell them it's just way too intricate. No way I could explain it all. You just have to watch to get it.

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
The OTHERS are (like the rest of the show) a figment of the screen writer’s imagination. They must be smoking strong hallucinogenic substances to come up with there ideas.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
Dead Eye said:
The OTHERS are (like the rest of the show) a figment of the screen writer’s imagination. They must be smoking strong hallucinogenic substances to come up with there ideas.

B and I were just talking about what the hell they were smoking. :lol:

TexasSunflower

Support Our Troops!
MysticalMom said:
B and I were just talking about what the hell they were smoking. :lol:

I don't know what it is they're smoking but it has me hooked! I work my schedule around this stupid show! I must be crazy! :jameo:

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
TexasSunflower said:
I don't know what it is they're smoking but it has me hooked! I work my schedule around this stupid show! I must be crazy! :jameo:
If it happens to be on I watch

B

Bronwyn

MysticalMom said:
4 letters for ya. T-I-V-O. :lol:
I think the last episode explained pretty well how they knew everything about the people on the beach. They have access to the outside world.

Cletus_Vandam

Bronwyn said:
I think the last episode explained pretty well how they knew everything about the people on the beach. They have access to the outside world.

The access they had seemed to be public information, news, etc. It wouldn't have given them information they have on Sawyer killing and all the information they had on Locke and how he wound up in the wheelchair.

They can't be everyday ordinary people....

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
Bronwyn said:

We've known they had access to the outside world for a few episodes. But how did they cure Juliet's sister's cancer? :shrug:

B

Bronwyn

Cletus_Vandam said:
The access they had seemed to be public information, news, etc. It wouldn't have given them information they have on Sawyer killing and all the information they had on Locke and how he wound up in the wheelchair.

They can't be everyday ordinary people....

I didn't think about it that way. I think that island has it's own powers. It will be interesting to see if they can explain it.
As far as curing the cancer... did she really relapse, or was that one of Ben's mind games?

watercolor

yeah yeah
Bronwyn said:
did she really relapse, or was that one of Ben's mind games?

THAT could be an interesting theory too, although, didn't Juliet see her sister, and saw that the cancer had relapsed, let alone, saw she was pregnant? (well, but the pee stick :lmao: )

pingrr

Bronwyn said:
I didn't think about it that way. I think that island has it's own powers. It will be interesting to see if they can explain it.

They won't explain it. They don't explain anything on that show. They just try to keep making you think that they are one episode away from explaining things to keep people watching.

spookthis

pingrr said:
They won't explain it. They don't explain anything on that show. They just try to keep making you think that they are one episode away from explaining things to keep people watching.

that's ok..it keeps my mind off work trying out different scenarios :biggrin: I want to know what the big black floating thing is, thing that killed Mr Echo. Julia said that the others know it's there; but not what it is..