Lotions, Soaps, and Body Sprays

Angel

~*~*~
How long are Lotions, Soaps, and Body Sprays good for? I seem to have accumulated quite a few that either haven't been used or are barely used. They are all within 2 - 3 years old and if still good I was going to give them to a friend. I discovered my skin is too sensitive for them. I did a google search and there seem to be mixed answers. :ohwell:

Last edited:
H

HouseCat

Meh...I got quite a collection myself. I have never heard of lotions, soaps, etc. having a shelf life. I imagine, if they did, it would be quite a long time. As far as expiration? I highly doubt it. Sprays might get clogged, but if they're only 2-3 years, I would think they're still good imo.

K

Kain99

That's a great question! I have an aversion to pack ratting, so... if I haven't used something in a month or two I ditch it.

My grandmother would kill me.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
It depends. If the lotions are starting to seperate or smell funny, they are bad. Bar soaps normally don't go bad.

Also, if you keep your perfumes in a dark cool place, it will keep them fresh for longer.

H

HouseCat

I take them to work and put them in the ladies room.
ooOooo.. that's a good idea, so you give yourself an excuse to buy more... so's like the hubby and kids don't say, "hey! Ya got some in there already!"
:whistle: :evil:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Along the lines of bringing them into work, you could also bring them into your Physical Therapist's bathroom/lounge - or gym. It would sure lighten the crap I have to bring in for my post-shower freshen up! :yay:

H

HouseCat

Well, I went to the Bath and Body works mega sale after Christmas and my husband was like....:faint: lol

The men-folk just don't understand sometimes you feel like mango-mandarin and some days you feel like sea island cotton or plumeria. I can't help it my nose is bipolar. :whistle:

Angel

~*~*~
Thanks for the ideas ladies! :smile: I think the ladies room at work is going to acquire a variety of new stuff. :lmao: