Louis Goldstein would be pissed - Crash in Calvert

1stGenSMIB

How this Exploder made it across the bridge and then decided to crash into the sign in the middle of the median is beyond me. Maybe the dude thought he was home free and could pick up his phone with the road widening up for him.

1stGenSMIB

I did not want to do too much rubber necking and piss off LEO and take a ton of pictures, but it was equally impressive from the back side. At 1:45 PM, the bridge was backed up as far as I could see...I am sure it was a spectacle headed north from the bridge.

David, recently around here, all the drunks are taking out cars parked on the right side of Main St. in Solomons. A utility trailer, a Civic and a Corvette have been totaled this summer. The trailer & Civic were by the same girl at 7:45 in the morning. Her quote after the accident into her phone was, "I dunno what happened, I was just drivin', and all my airbags went off!", even though she left her right front wheel assembly embedded in the back of the Civic and came to rest well past the trailer and up on the sidewalk...that one I saw. I heard the guy that wrecked into the Corvette apparently thought he'd slept it off, and then still smashed his whatever-he-was-driving into the Corvette on his way out of town early in the morning.

Last edited:

1stGenSMIB

vrai, I know you are on the other side of the country, but it is 1:45 PM on a Wednesday here. Have you lost all faith in humanity and assume people are drunk at this time of day? OK, OK, I guess you are right, it could be either, but, I'll take texting.

I live on a rural one-way street with a 2nd story deck. I see more people with their face in their phones as they go by then I do those actually looking at the road with two hands on the wheel. We had a girl miss the corner around Christmas and end up in the ditch across the street because she was texting. Good thing the neighbor put some big-ass rocks there so her ride got all jacked up, and she had to get a tow truck to get out! :bann:

Reactions: BOP

1stGenSMIB

Maybe, RoseRed. I did not see the actual crash...a neighbor mentioned it to me when we saw each other at the Solomons Post Office. I was coming south into the Solomons area. There was no ambulance that I saw, nor the driver, when I went by.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Many years ago there was a bad accident in that same area. Some woman careened into a truck driven by Dr. Hester, Chiropractor. Messed him up badly enough, he could no longer practice in his normal capacity.

• Wow
Reactions: BOP

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Many years ago there was a bad accident in that same area. Some woman careened into a truck driven by Dr. Hester, Chiropractor. Messed him up badly enough, he could no longer practice in his normal capacity.
I thought that was on the other side of the bridge just south of the rec center. I seem to recall going by and one of the cars had a tarp across it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I thought that was on the other side of the bridge just south of the rec center. I seem to recall going by and one of the cars had a tarp across it.
I thought the above picture and Dr. Hester's accident were both in Calvert?

Grumpy

Just the other day, when I stopped at the light at Rt5 and Mattawoman Beantown Rd, every single driver at the light was texting! Every freaking one!

See it in the bumper to bumper traffic every morning and afternoon in LP and Hollywood.

Grumpy

With the current drug epidemic in the USA, you have to put High on Opiods as one of the top possibilities. I still can't believe all of the people that line up at the Methadone clinic here in sleepy little Callaway. That stuff just gets a death grip on some people.
Thank gawd we don't have any gators in southern Maryland.