Love It Or Hate It, There's No Reason Not To Understand Trump's Tweets

Sapidus

View attachment 138925

I want you to re-read your sentence. Ok, now read it again.

You want to call the president a[n] (1) angry (2) bigoted (3) little (4) orange man, then said HE is trying to divide the country.

Now, read it again.

Do you see what that is?

Yes, me criticizing Trump. Is your allegiance to him so great that when he is criticized you are criticized? My criticism os him is somehow dividing the country?

Because you sure as hell criticize Obama and Clinton at every opportunity but i know its not an attack on me?

Is that how far your identity is now wrapped up in Trumps?

Of course he has concern. He even has concern for the illegal alien kids - he asked for funding for better conditions, and Pelosi and Schumer shut down the government in order to make sure that didn't happen.

You've got ONE right. That was pretty stupid. Makes you wonder why. Makes ME wonder why.

To quote Morgan Freeman, when asked
“How are we going to get rid of racism and ….” Freeman: “Stop talking about it."

If you will stop talking about race where it is not an issue, it will stop being an issue.

Carpentersville Illinois? What does that have to do with anything?

Or, do you mean James Carville?

WTF are you even talking about?

Sorry the alt right lunatic killing an innocent person in Charlottesville is difficult for you to remember

Sapidus

Great news!! That's really good to read.

I presume it will be followed up by making amends for every name you've called everyone, and then when you're very old (because that will take a VERY long time), you will stop using that kind of language.

So calling someone uniformed is now hatred in your eyes? Calling them Dumb? Because if that is the case Trump has said a million times worse with no complaint from you and you have as well so im not sure what your issue is

We can agree they were unnecessary.

But, to say they are un-American, you are saying his opinion is not worthy of America. Thus, you are saying the same thing HE said about those Representatives.

Can you see it? You're following EXACTLY what you're claiming he did - you're saying his words are un-American.

Jesus, What he said was literally the definition of Unamerican because he was attacking americans and telling them they were less than actual citizens.

Something they did not do. They merely criticized aspects of our country and culture which Trump has done before as well so you point is not only moot. It also proves my point that Trumps statement was uniquely un-American

You may not be saying he should leave the country, but the net effect is pretty much the exact same thing.

This_person

Yes, me criticizing Trump. Is your allegiance to him so great that when he is criticized you are criticized? My criticism os him is somehow dividing the country?

So, you're critique, well thought out and such, is that he's orange? That's a reasonable critique of the president? How about that he is little - that's a valid critique? How about supposition and innuendo about angry and bigoted - critiques?

No, those are not critiques. They're ad hominem attacks.

Because you sure as hell criticize Obama and Clinton at every opportunity but i know its not an attack on me?

I am critical of their actions. I've never called Clinton "big nose" or "shitty sax player" or his wife "little angry white woman" - because those are not critiques.

Is that how far your identity is now wrapped up in Trumps?

It's not about Trump. I do not give him that power in my life, as you clearly do in yours. I didn't give it to Obama, either Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, or Johnson. I won't give it to Trump, either.

Try having a cogent, well-considered, fact-based argument, then come back. When you do, you'll be a conservative.

Sapidus

So, you're critique, well thought out and such, is that he's orange? That's a reasonable critique of the president? How about that he is little - that's a valid critique? How about supposition and innuendo about angry and bigoted - critiques?

No, those are not critiques. They're ad hominem attacks.

I am critical of their actions. I've never called Clinton "big nose" or "shitty sax player" or his wife "little angry white woman" - because those are not critiques.

It's not about Trump. I do not give him that power in my life, as you clearly do in yours. I didn't give it to Obama, either Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, or Johnson. I won't give it to Trump, either.

Try having a cogent, well-considered, fact-based argument, then come back. When you do, you'll be a conservative.

They are not as they are all demonstrably true. He tans himself orange, he is small minded and petty and he is clearly angry and bigoted

You mean when im more scared one person will benefit when they shouldn't instead of worrying about the 99 that will also suffer i will be conservative.

When i selfishly withhold from others that which i do not want for myself like abortion i will be a conservative

When i believe white people have more of a claim to this country than citizens of darker skin tones i will be a conservative

This_person

So calling someone uniformed is now hatred in your eyes? Calling them Dumb? Because if that is the case Trump has said a million times worse with no complaint from you and you have as well so im not sure what your issue is
I'm not perfect. For all the ad hominem attacks on you, I apologize.

Now, can you do the same?

Jesus, What he said was literally the definition of Unamerican because he was attacking americans and telling them they were less than actual citizens.

Something they did not do. They merely criticized aspects of our country and culture which Trump has done before as well so you point is not only moot. It also proves my point that Trumps statement was uniquely un-American
(I'll take that as "no, I can't see it" from you)

And, being un-American, what is the justifiable action from that? When you call someone's actions "un-American", how is that different from saying, "go to countries that you like and come back and tell us how to do it better"? (because, that's what he actually said)

Sapidus

I'm not perfect. For all the ad hominem attacks on you, I apologize.

Now, can you do the same?

(I'll take that as "no, I can't see it" from you)

And, being un-American, what is the justifiable action from that? When you call someone's actions "un-American", how is that different from saying, "go to countries that you like and come back and tell us how to do it better"? (because, that's what he actually said)

Trump said these women ( criticizing aspects of our country) should leave.

That is clearly un-American as they are US citizens who have committed no crimes that would bar them from their home country.

Free speech is a protected right. You have argued Trump was free to say "grab them by the pussy" Said that " nazi's are good people"

Yet someone criticizing an aspect of the US is enough that they should be told to leave and not protected by free speech

Talk about snowflakes

This_person

They are not as they are all demonstrably true. He tans himself orange, he is small minded and petty and he is clearly angry and bigoted

"Clearly" to you, not to everyone. They are ad hominem attacks. What difference does his color make? Are you racist against orange people?

You mean when im more scared one person will benefit when they shouldn't instead of worrying about the 99 that will also suffer i will be conservative.

No, I mean when you are vested in the constitution and not the cult of personality, when you care more about freedom than party, when you care more about liberty than ad hominem attacks, you will be a conservative.

When i selfishly withhold from others that which i do not want for myself like abortion i will be a conservative

No, when you give FREELY what you want to give (not have it government mandated), and when you protect the innocent, you will be a conservative.

When i believe white people have more of a claim to this country than citizens of darker skin tones i will era conservative
No, when you believe citizens are to be protected from non-citizens - that our government should protect our borders, you will be a conservative.

When you stop putting race and skin-tone as a part of your argument, you will be a conservative.

When you understand that government is to be small, well controlled, and that we, the people, are to be free, you will be a conservative.

When you move away from the cult of hatred, you will be a conservative.

When you think everyone is equal and no one deserves special treatment from the government, you will be a conservative.

When you stop thinking some people should be taxed at higher rates (if at all, but let's not get too far) unwillingly, you will be a conservative.

When you think people should own their own land, and that not paying taxes on one's land should not result in being kicked off like a tenant who didn't pay her rent, you will be a conservative.

When you put actual thought into your arguments, weigh positions with which you previously disagreed favorably, have respect for the offices but equally hold all holders of those offices to task, you will be a conservative.

I'd go on, but you stopped reading a long time ago, I'm quite convinced of that.

Midnightrider

:killingme

Try harder, was that supposed to be an insult ..... you need to get off of the internet and work harder

I need some new Nike's.

Ad Hominem

You attacked your opponent's character or personal traits in an attempt to undermine their argument.

and to remind you of YOUR Own Words on making assumptions about others;

Pot Meet Kettle
irony:
when a guy who lives in his moms basement and posts online ALL day tells someone else to get off the internet and work harder
double irony:
the same guy complaining about ad hominem attacks in the same post

Sapidus

"Clearly" to you, not to everyone. They are ad hominem attacks. What difference does his color make? Are you racist against orange people?

No, I mean when you are vested in the constitution and not the cult of personality, when you care more about freedom than party, when you care more about liberty than ad hominem attacks, you will be a conservative.

No, when you give FREELY what you want to give (not have it government mandated), and when you protect the innocent, you will be a conservative.

No, when you believe citizens are to be protected from non-citizens - that our government should protect our borders, you will be a conservative.

When you stop putting race and skin-tone as a part of your argument, you will be a conservative.

When you understand that government is to be small, well controlled, and that we, the people, are to be free, you will be a conservative.

When you move away from the cult of hatred, you will be a conservative.

When you think everyone is equal and no one deserves special treatment from the government, you will be a conservative.

When you stop thinking some people should be taxed at higher rates (if at all, but let's not get too far) unwillingly, you will be a conservative.

When you think people should own their own land, and that not paying taxes on one's land should not result in being kicked off like a tenant who didn't pay her rent, you will be a conservative.

When you put actual thought into your arguments, weigh positions with which you previously disagreed favorably, have respect for the offices but equally hold all holders of those offices to task, you will be a conservative.

I'd go on, but you stopped reading a long time ago, I'm quite convinced of that.

None of these things are in anyway indicative of the government we have.

I don't know why you think it will magically transform over night. It won't

The founders of our country did not anticipate the ways in which we would grow, govern or many of the more complex issues that would arise from a population of 380 million inter connected with other countries and governments

Stop living in the past and basing your beliefs on a fantasy. The genie is out of the bottle and you need to adapt to modern times.

Most people under 35 today believe conservative is synonymous with racist, bigoted, uneducated rural people.

Trump and the current GOP have done nothing but solidify that view. Young people today are pleased to see the diversity of women and people of color joining congress.

You can continue to cling to what you believe were the good old days but times have changed

This_person

None of these things are in anyway indicative of the government we have.
Agreed, and that's a problem.

I don't know why you think it will magically transform over night. It won't

I don't think it will.

The founders of our country did not anticipate the ways in which we would grow, govern or many of the more complex issues that would arise from a population of 380 million inter connected with other countries and governments

No, in fact they warned against such interconnection for the problems it causes. As for the complex issues, they created the foundation to deal with them all.

Stop living in the past and basing your beliefs on a fantasy. The genie is out of the bottle and you need to adapt to modern times.

Modern times need to adapt to the Constitution.

Most people under 35 today believe conservative is synonymous with racist, bigoted, uneducated rural people.

Link?

That they believe a lie is not really my problem. I know in the past, young people were just as upset with the way the previous generations did things, and when they grew up they changed their tune.

Trump and the current GOP have done nothing but solidify that view. Young people today are pleased to see the diversity of women and people of color joining congress.

Like, Trump celebrated at the SOTU speech?

Women and people of color (I presume you to mean colors other than white) add nothing by being women or people of colors other than white. People, individually, add something. But, if you think Nikki Haley and Kamala Harris add something unique to a situation by being women, you are hilariously mistaken. They both have something to add, but not because they're women. They would NOT add the same thing to the discussion, therefore being a woman is not a predicate for adding something any more than not being a woman is a detraction from what one has to add.

If you understood that simple fact, you'd be a conservative. We tend to hold all citizens equal, not "some are more equal than others."

You can continue to cling to what you believe were the good old days but times have changed
For the worse.

nutz

More excuses for divisive racist language.

The more you try to normalize this behavior the worse it looks for you.

Every US citizen has a right to be in this country and a right to their opinion.
Unless that opinion disagrees with you and yours.

Hijinx

"As long as trump[ says what most Americans feel he will be coming back in 2020."

Reading comprehension is important

I believe that in 2020 you will see what most Americans feel, when Trump is returned to the White House and republicans take back the House.

littlelady

God bless the USA
As usual you are wrong. Given that Trump lost the popular vote its not possible that his views are the same as most americans.

Why doesnt Trump need to go back to New York and clean up the crime and homelessness there if each person is responsible for the area they are from as you claim?

You have lost your mind. Trump is not mayor of NY, and not responsible for what goes on there. Why doesn’t DeBlasio go back to NY and clean up. Oh, wait, he is running for Prez. I gather you are not military. Do you understand that you are talking to many military people (PAX, and all) that have served our country to keep US free, and never asked for a damn thing, in return. They came home if they were lucky, and worked hard. You should thank them for defending your right to spew your stupid crap. You might not like it very much if you piss off enough patriots. Oh wait, I think you have a crush on AOC. Never mind. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

CPUSA

Every US citizen has a right to be in this country and a right to their opinion.

Then why was President Trump...a US Citizen, formally condemned for exercising his right to his opinion?

Nevermind... Dr. Seuss is over your head. I can't really expect you to answer this...

Sapidus

You have lost your mind. Trump is not mayor of NY, and not responsible for what goes on there. Why doesn’t DeBlasio go back to NY and clean up. Oh, wait, he is running for Prez. I gather you are not military. Do you understand that you are talking to many military people (PAX, and all) that have served our country to keep US free, and never asked for a damn thing, in return. They came home if they were lucky, and worked hard. You should thank them for defending your right to spew your stupid crap. You might not like it very much if you piss off enough patriots. Oh wait, I think you have a crush on AOC. Never mind. :rolleyes:

I probably shouldn't wade into a conversation with a drunk pill popping lunatic but here goes

So it's ok to tell Rep Omar to go back to a country she hasn't lived in since her teens but not Ok to tell Trump to go back and worry about NY?

Do you not see your hypocrisy?

CPUSA

As usual you are wrong. Given that Trump lost the popular vote its not possible that his views are the same as most americans.
Wrong Gomer...he won the popular vote. When you take into account that he took in over 65 million votes, Killary took in 64 million...11 million were illegals who weren't allowed to vote and 32 million were dead at the time that they voted...that leaves about 2 million of you losers voting 6 times each....might as well just shut your lying pie hole...you liar

Why doesnt Trump need to go back to New York and clean up the crime and homelessness there if each person is responsible for the area they are from as you claim?
Because he wasn't the Politician who destroyed it, Boo boo!!
Damn Junior, even retards think you're a special kinda stupid...

CPUSA

Trump said these women ( criticizing aspects of our country) should leave.
And come back & tell us how to do it right, otherwise STFU and learn something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is clearly un-American as they are US citizens who have committed no crimes that would bar them from their home country.
Even your local Constituents hate you!!! Go home TO YOUR LOCAL SHITHOLE DISTRICTS, clean them up...And come back & tell us how to do it right, otherwise STFU, go read the Constitution and figure out on your own how Un American you 4 Hags sound!!!

Free speech is a protected right. You have argued Trump was free to say "grab them by the pussy" Said that " nazi's are good people"
You're too weak & fragile to handle HONEST free speech, we'll leave it at ad hominem attacks on you...and you aren't even worthy of that...

Yet someone criticizing an aspect of the US is enough that they should be told to leave and not protected by free speech
And come back...COME BAAAACCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!! & tell us how to do it right, otherwise STFU and learn something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about snowflakes
Talk about severe TDS....