Love me some Dolly

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

“I want to thank the Tennessee legislature for their consideration of a bill to erect a statue of me on the Capitol grounds. I am honored and humbled by their intention but I have asked the leaders of the state legislature to remove the bill from any and all consideration,” Parton wrote in a statement on Thursday.

“Given all that is going on in the world, I don’t think putting me on a pedestal is appropriate at this time,” she argued. “I hope, though, that somewhere down the road several years from now or perhaps after I’m gone if you still feel I deserve it, then I’m certain I will stand proud in our great State Capitol as a grateful Tennessean.”

“In the meantime, I’ll continue to try to do good work to make this great state proud,” Parton concluded.

Is there any other celebrity in America who would turn any accolade or thinks of something other than themselves? I'ma go with no.

Wait - Gary Sinese. Gary and Dolly. That's it.

Tech

Statue of Dolly? Imagine after looking what they did to Molly.

Clem72

Dolly is a class act, always has been.

I find her self depreciating humor funny and attractive. "It takes a ton of money to look this cheap"

She is, but she also had to be thinking about all the statues being torn down and the hate and discontent surrounding that topic. Any new statue is going to come under scrutiny and those groups who love to hate will start a campaign against the statue and her simply for being white, old, and southern.