Lovebirds

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
MB - everyone is doing great :) Mom and Dad are all settled in and are already trying to run the show :) Last night was the first night we took them out and as expected they were just a riot. They ran around on the counter while we ate dinner and the creamino (did you say this was dad?) is just Mr. Bossy Pants - he'd run up to you, jump on you and jump down, haha, his partner in crime was also goofing off but not as brave to really push it like Daddy :) He got us both on the ear and then ran, even my husband who generally doesn't find parrot attitude amusing has really enjoyed watching and playing with the duo. It seems that terrorizing brat lovebirds are funny as where evil sneaky parrots are not to him - go figure :) My husband was even leaning in to kiss the Creamino (crazy man), I have to wonder about him ;)

The babies are doing great, eating up their formula and snuggling with each other in their down time and again as expected Mom and Dad seem to have forgotten about their life as parents and are back to Lovey antics, goofing off and terrorizing the locals :) I'll get some pictures up as I have time and figure it out :) Thank you again we really have enjoyed their company :)

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
I know someone asked before what it looks like when LB chicks beg for food when parent raised, heres a neat site below with great shots of feral LBs, even a couple with the parents feeding older chicks. I've posted the link before, but the pictures and info are worth a second link ;)

Peach-faced Lovebird Range Expansion Data

I just love the shots of them at the feeders - what a treat it would be to see them in the "wild".

M

Mousebaby

MB - everyone is doing great :) Mom and Dad are all settled in and are already trying to run the show :) Last night was the first night we took them out and as expected they were just a riot. They ran around on the counter while we ate dinner and the creamino (did you say this was dad?) is just Mr. Bossy Pants - he'd run up to you, jump on you and jump down, haha, his partner in crime was also goofing off but not as brave to really push it like Daddy :) He got us both on the ear and then ran, even my husband who generally doesn't find parrot attitude amusing has really enjoyed watching and playing with the duo. It seems that terrorizing brat lovebirds are funny as where evil sneaky parrots are not to him - go figure :) My husband was even leaning in to kiss the Creamino (crazy man), I have to wonder about him ;)

The babies are doing great, eating up their formula and snuggling with each other in their down time and again as expected Mom and Dad seem to have forgotten about their life as parents and are back to Lovey antics, goofing off and terrorizing the locals :) I'll get some pictures up as I have time and figure it out :) Thank you again we really have enjoyed their company :)

Sorry I couldn't meet with you, my head was banging. Dad's name is Skittles, and mom's name is Snookums. You are definitely more then welcome to change them as I don't think dad knows his name. Snookums used to but I don't know anymore since she got Skittles to live with her. I am surprised your two weren't eaten alive they are quite the little monsters. :lmao:

I'm glad you guys are enjoying them, have fun!

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
That's okay - but like a dummy, when your son popped out from behind your husband and he's so stinking tall I thought "adult" and I said "Hi, MB?" and then my brain registered that this is a teen, not an adult and a guy, not a woman.... wow....I was so embarrassed :( Then I did the same thing to your daughter upstairs "Hi MB?"... I tend to jump the gun with greetings perhaps this experience will help me adjust that ;) hahaha

But yeah Mom and Dad did great out, I didn't want to grab them barehanded at your house, having just moved the chicks I figured they would be in the "protect the box" mode still ;) No biting here at the house either (other then our ears) but we did have to grab them out of the cage by hand they aren't willing to step up right now, with time they'll remember :) But yeah they are brazen little birds, no fear, Addy was eating and the Poppa keep running up to her plate (I think he recognized she was eating, but he was a little unsure about trying it himself just yet :) Question though, were you feeding them pellets or just a seed mix? I should have asked before, but once I got them settled in their cage I was surprised how interested they were in the pellets (they have both in the cage, but when you run out of seed in this house you have to wait until next feeding for more - pellets are always available.) I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you either, but you have a wonderful family :)

M

Mousebaby

That's okay - but like a dummy, when your son popped out from behind your husband and he's so stinking tall I thought "adult" and I said "Hi, MB?" and then my brain registered that this is a teen, not an adult and a guy, not a woman.... wow....I was so embarrassed :( Then I did the same thing to your daughter upstairs "Hi MB?"... I tend to jump the gun with greetings perhaps this experience will help me adjust that ;) hahaha

But yeah Mom and Dad did great out, I didn't want to grab them barehanded at your house, having just moved the chicks I figured they would be in the "protect the box" mode still ;) No biting here at the house either (other then our ears) but we did have to grab them out of the cage by hand they aren't willing to step up right now, with time they'll remember :) But yeah they are brazen little birds, no fear, Addy was eating and the Poppa keep running up to her plate (I think he recognized she was eating, but he was a little unsure about trying it himself just yet :) Question though, were you feeding them pellets or just a seed mix? I should have asked before, but once I got them settled in their cage I was surprised how interested they were in the pellets (they have both in the cage, but when you run out of seed in this house you have to wait until next feeding for more - pellets are always available.) I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you either, but you have a wonderful family :)

I'm sorry it's been a while, been sick with headaches off and on again and sleeping A LOT!

I mixed rainbow pellets in with cockatiel seed as I could not find anything specific for lovebirds at Petco other than the rainbow pellets. They eat like little pigs too. Oh and I was giving Mom Birdie biscuits which are made with egg and other good stuff for them. She loves those. If she is no longer feeding them though I wouldn't give her one very often she will get fat. I also offered them a sprig of millet every few days. I bought a huge bag of it from Fosters and Smiths, If I had thought of it I would have sent some with them. Petco has the birdie biscuits too by the way. Good luck with them!

Oh and they love plain cheerios to munch on.

Thanks for taking care of them!

:huggy:

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
MB, everyone is doing great! Chicks are getting big and are almost completely feathered out (they are dutch blues like mom) :) Parents are eating eating eating :) They love the pellets, which makes since, it's rare to see birds jump into pellets without prior exposure :) I also buy 5lbs of millet at a time through Super Dog, so we do millet every other day :)
We have an evil Grey here that would like to gobble up all the other birds if given a chance, last night she climbed up their cage and I don't need to tell you that they were all over her! She was stuck because every time she tried to move they would come at her through the bars, it was so funny and she deserved it more then you know ;)

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
Lovebird Update :)

MB,
I just wanted to let you know the babies are doing great :) The are now fully feathered and spend the day in the big flight cage with the cockatiels, parakeets and quail! They still sleep in their tub at night w/ the heating pad. The babies (Jolly and Taffy) have even taken over the quails' hut, hahaha. They are even are starting to eat on their own now like champs :) Right now they are doing great with the other birds, with the exception of pushing the quail out of the hut :) Hopefully they'll grow to tolerate the other birds better then most with a little exposure now, we'll see :)
Mom and Dad (Andy named them Libby and Crocker) are doing great and are still working on that hibiscus tree. Our parakeet hen, Waffle, is a houdini and freely roams the birds room at her leisure. She LOVES harassing them, when they're out she'll fly in their cage and eat their food and when they're in the cage she likes to make in obvious that she's in "their" tree :) They seem to enjoy fussing at her as much as she enjoys teasing them. They are just a riot to watch and have been an absolute joy to have here -thank you again!

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
Pictures of the Lovebirds :)

The first picture is of the babies in the flight cage - although today they started flying and I'll have to get some new shots of them :)

And the second picture is of Libby and Duncan in my Hibiscus tree, they enjoy pruning :faint: They are both in the picture but you have to really look for Duncan :)

Attachments

• DSCN5986.jpg
    DSCN5986.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCN6050.jpg
    DSCN6050.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 138
M

Mousebaby

The first picture is of the babies in the flight cage - although today they started flying and I'll have to get some new shots of them :)

And the second picture is of Libby and Duncan in my Hibiscus tree, they enjoy pruning :faint: They are both in the picture but you have to really look for Duncan :)

Oh WOW they grew up fast! I have tears and chills just reading bout their little lives with you. You are a good person and I know I made the right choice. They are beautiful! You are quite welcome, I'm glad you're enjoying them! Sorry I have missed your posts!

:huggy:

Mouse

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
No problem I know things get busy, I'm terrible about starting emails, they go to draft and I forget about them and think I've sent them, haha :) I've been trying to get some pictures up of them but I'm suckish at downloading the pictures from the camera :) As much as I enjoy them I think my husband the enjoys them even more ;) Libby (Mom) likes to ride around in my apron pocket with just her head popping out, it's really a trip I'll have to have Andy take a picture to post, they are little gems that's for sure!