lovely ole bronchitis

J

jp2854

i wish it would take a hike. Anyone else have it and have any good remedies to get rid of it (I am taking meds just sick of coughing and coughing and coughing).

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
Hot steamy shower and vicks! I hope you feel better soon. :huggy:

Are you talking about the little vicks thing you drop in your shower? I saw them in the store one time and thought it was a great idea. Haven't seen them since then. If you are talking about the same thing, where do you get them?

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
i wish it would take a hike. Anyone else have it and have any good remedies to get rid of it (I am taking meds just sick of coughing and coughing and coughing).

After I started taking the inhaler, it was done about a week later. Are you on an inhaler?

J

jp2854

i have one inhaler from when i had bronchitis the last time and i been using it today is my 2nd day of using it though as the doctor this time told me I didn't need it. Don't see dr.howe at urgent care in san souci hes a real jerk. He sat there and told me i didn't need musenix d and told me all i needed was the antibiotic and I would feel better in 2 days well I am on day 3 of the zpack and i can say i am losing alot of brown/green

Last edited by a moderator:

mingiz

Horse Poor
I usually have to get a heavy duty antibiotic and take mucinex dm. It usually clears it up in a few days.. I'm more prone to upper respitory infections. If your losing brown and green it's working...Good Luck

J

jp2854

Thanks Mingiz. I started taking musinex dm the other day instead of musinex d and guess what I slept some last night for the first time in 4 days. I am still coughing though and I might have to go see my moms doctor for another round of antibiotics as I just ran out of the zpack and things aren't letting up in the color catagory and plus if i overdue it i start wheezing again.

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah
Thanks Mingiz. I started taking musinex dm the other day instead of musinex d and guess what I slept some last night for the first time in 4 days. I am still coughing though and I might have to go see my moms doctor for another round of antibiotics as I just ran out of the zpack and things aren't letting up in the color catagory and plus if i overdue it i start wheezing again.

I would drink a lot of fluids as well. That will help esp if you are taking musinex.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
Boil 3/4 cup of water, add a tea bag, a shot of bourbon or brandy, juice from half a lemon, and a tablespoon of honey. Stir and sip. It really does make you feel better and hell, if ya drink enough of 'em you won't care that you're sick. :yay:

mingiz

Horse Poor
Boil 3/4 cup of water, add a tea bag, a shot of bourbon or brandy, juice from half a lemon, and a tablespoon of honey. Stir and sip. It really does make you feel better and hell, if ya drink enough of 'em you won't care that you're sick. :yay:

:yeahthat: I also do Bailey's and coffee...only just enough to pass out on....:whistle:

If you tend to get bronchitis often, you may want to ask your doctor about A pneumonia shot. I haven't had bronchitis since I had the shot @ 5 years ago.

gemma_rae

:barf:I get that crap every year.

The Z-pac never works for me with bronchitis. Levoquin will knock it out! Also keep using the albuterol. If the green/brown mucous doesn't go away the infection is still there. If so; call that quack and ask for Levoquin an inhaler and Advair. Hope this info helps. Get well soon!

About the pneumonia shot. That is what an allergist told me also. If you haven't had any flare ups in 5 years then it must be true. Thanks, Daisycreek.

J

jp2854

the quack told me to go see my regular doc as he doesn't want to help me when he is the one who said 2 days and you will be all better.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Yes Levoquin is what my Dr gave me and told me to take the mucinex dm with it. 2 days later Wa La good to go. And believe me I was so bad I didn't remember driving to the drs that day. Haven't had it since......:yahoo: Never heard of a pneumonia shot.
Hope you get relief soon...