Low Blow on MNF

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Did anybody happen to catch the low blow made by Oakland's Tyler Brayton to Seattles Jerramy Stevens? OK, so the Radah's were getting pummelled, but to kick another player in the jewels is the lowest of the lows. It reminded me of something I'd see in a street fight. He should be fined, suspended, and forced to stand on the 50 yard line and let every Seattle Seahawk kick him where her kicked Steven's.

What's up with pro players here lately? They need to get a grip. JMO.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Well, it was a knee..not a kick...number 2, Stephens/Stevens however it is spelled, got lucky and took it to the thigh and not the crown jewels..

As for a suspension, there has been to many other things happen that have not warrantedc a suspension..

So a hefty fine, and maybe Art should sit him for a game, should be suffice :yay:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Softballkid said:
Well, it was a knee..not a kick...number 2, Stephens/Stevens however it is spelled, got lucky and took it to the thigh and not the crown jewels..

As for a suspension, there has been to many other things happen that have not warrantedc a suspension..

So a hefty fine, and maybe Art should sit him for a game, should be suffice :yay:

Kick/knee, thigh/n*ts. It was still wrong and very unprofessional. My 12 year old even said "dang, that was low, I wouldn't even do that to someone". :howdy:

mainman

Set Trippin
That must have happened second half, me and shorty made it to halftime (JACKED UP) and hit the sack....

Buckets

@SOMD_Nationals
Speaking of low blows....Tony and Joe always have some banter going on in the both. I dont see both of them making it through the year together.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
mainman said:
That must have happened second half, me and shorty made it to halftime (JACKED UP) and hit the sack....

Yeah, it was at the end of the game. I fell asleep too. :yawn: actually caught it on SportsCenter this morning.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Buckets said:
Speaking of low blows....Tony and Joe always have some banter going on in the both. I dont see both of them making it through the year together.

You are right, they always bustin on each other :boxing:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I don't know about the knee to the thigh.. He kneed him hard enough to take his feet off of the ground.. BUT would hope he was wearing a cup.

NO complaints either.. ref said "Ejected", he walked through the end-zone and back to the locker room. Didn't say a word to anyone.

LordStanley

I know nothing
itsbob said:
I don't know about the knee to the thigh.. He kneed him hard enough to take his feet off of the ground.. BUT would hope he was wearing a cup.

NO complaints either.. ref said "Ejected", he walked through the end-zone and back to the locker room. Didn't say a word to anyone.

NFL football players dont wear cups anymore. A buddy of mine played proball and said the guys would always get nad injuries and bruised junks.

Something about them being binding and restricing movement.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
LordStanley said:
NFL football players dont wear cups anymore. A buddy of mine played proball and said the guys would always get nad injuries and bruised junks.

Something about them being binding and restricing movement.

I'm not a guy, but I think I'd rather have my movement bound and restricted than to have my you-know-what's exposed to 320-pound linebackers.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
itsbob said:

I KNOW! It looked like something you'd expect to see on wrestling! But apparently he knew he did wrong, because he just walked away, didn't try to argue or defend his actions or anything.

LordStanley

I know nothing
nachomama said:
I'm not a guy, but I think I'd rather have my movement bound and restricted than to have my you-know-what's exposed to 320-pound linebackers.

well Im sure they still wear Jocks..... but with out cups

Found this written Sept of this year

Though shoulder pads remain a vital part of a football player's equipment, another piece of protection has fallen into total disuse. A moment of silence, please, for the protective cup, long ago a staple of gridiron armor.

"In the seven years I've been here, I've never had a request,'' 49ers equipment manager Steve Urbaniak said.

Urbaniak's predecessor, Bronco Hinek, said he, too, was not asked by a player for a protective cup, an item shaped like a codpiece that slips into the pocket of a jockstrap.

Thus, the most sensitive part of a player's anatomy is left unprotected in this most violent of sports.

"I think a lot of it has to do with comfort,'' Urbaniak said. "The freedom of movement you need is too (important) for guys.''

Several 49ers queried said they had not worn cups since their Pop Warner days.

"I've never worn one,'' quarterback Alex Smith said. "Not many people do. It's funny.''

What about the risk of getting hit in that unprotected area?

"There could be, and has been, in practice,'' Smith said. "I've never had it happen in a game.''

Said fullback Chris Hetherington: "In 11 years in the league, I've only been hit once there, knock on wood.''

Guard Justin Smiley said he has not worn a cup in nearly two decades.

"In Pee Wee football, six or seven, I wore it for like a year or two,'' he said. "But then I realized it was a thing for little kids. Once you get to seven or eight, you realize hardly anyone wore them.''

Smiley said he has experienced the consequences of not wearing a cup.

"I've had it a number of times,'' he said. "You beat a guy good, you pancake him and his knee catches you. It's excruciating, but you don't have much time to sit there and fret about it.''

Retired 49ers offensive lineman Guy McIntyre, who played from 1984 through 1993, is among the no-cup crowd. "I never wore a hard cup,'' he said. "It's uncomfortable.''

"I wore it in high school, but since high school, I haven't worn one,'' Hetherington said. "That's funny. I saw the movie 'Gridiron Gang' the other day. They were distributing equipment and they were laughing at the protective cup. Then one guy gets hit there and they all ran back in and got them.''

In his otherwise well-stocked equipment room, Urbaniak said he does not even carry protective cups. Should a player put in a request for one, Urbaniak said, "I'd just go to the local sporting-goods store and pick it up.''