Lowe's in California

BOP

Lowes in Norfolk had an air compressor listed for $125.70 It was a Dewalt that I knew was listed in other stores for $609.00. I ordered it. They charged my account (a hold) and I received an email that they were fulfilling my order. Two days later they told me it was a discontinued item and no longer available but they had a comparable unit for $660 and change. Interestingly the same unit is available at a number of stores at the $608.00 price. It is still listed on the Lowes Norfolk website at $125.70 (see link below). I wrote them and got the typical corporate form letter reply. I went to HD and bought my compressor, a new front door and a new garage door and am planning a kitchen remodel. I won't be shopping at Lowes anymore.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-30-...d-71-Decibel-or-Above-Air-Compressor/50410022

$658.22

BOP

Construction crews must send the newest arrival to the US on errands. I had an hispanic "gentleman" asking to use the restroom the other day. He had to ask myself and a coworker at least 10 times, before we could understand what he was asking. Something as important as that, would be the first English "I" would learn. He was saying something like "rah bahm". At least they could learn to say ####ter. SMDH

It's a safe bet to assume that if they're asking you for something, they're asking you for the bathroom. Or your sister.

So when they are making inquiry, ask them the following: Donde esta el bano?

Pronounce: Don-day eh-stah el bon-yo? The o in Don is a long o. Sort of.

You racist bastard, you. Expecting people coming to live in this country to speak English. The very idea.

:coffee:

BernieP

Resident PIA
They were bad and then they got good, a new manager and they hired employees.
Now it seems like they've back slid. Still not as bad as it was, it's just harder to find help in the aisles.
Probably need to hire more people could either be the business can't support it or they can't get the people.

You out to put that on Twitter @Lowes and see if they reply.

PeoplesElbow

Now it seems like they've back slid. Still not as bad as it was, it's just harder to find help in the aisles.
Probably need to hire more people could either be the business can't support it or they can't get the people.

Hard to find help? I can't get them to leave me alone.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron

Scheduling has been a bugaboo for quite a while, as has having enough qualified folks to be on the floor helping customers.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Hmm..mebbe it was Home Depot? ;-)

Orange there, THOUGH, Lowe's did have a Blue Vest program for a couple of years to make management easier for customers to find.

I'd like to see the customers agitate for the reinstatement of that program.
The managers did not like it, made them easier targets for customers with valid complaints.

littlelady

God bless the USA
After 3 months 24/7 in Montgomery County and not knowing Spanish, Lowe's of California is like Heaven.

That is the honest truth. The only reason we moved from Calvert to Montgomery was for love of family. Montgomery County is like living in a foreign country. I, actually, can speak Spanish after all those years of learning it in school. It is all the other languages I hear that hurt my ears. You do what you have to do. And, yes, if one is privileged to live here, learn English. Period.
God bless, America.

Last edited:

frequentflier

happy to be living
Some of my co-workers at Lowe's are very special.

Call ahead next time and ask for Steven in Hardware.
If I'm there, I'll try to see that things go better.

Steven has always been very helpful when I have been unsure of what to get! He is an asset to Lowes!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Hard to find help? I can't get them to leave me alone.

Ahhhh, but there is a secret. You have to be an early mourning shopper at Lowes to avoid the help. By arriving at 7:30-8:00 you'll find the majority of help arriving for the days work, then, being called for their daily briefing and motivational sermon by management where they all gather and huddle together either in the appliance section, in front of flooring, or another open area, that will last about 10-15 minutes. It is at that time Lowes is like a desert. Peaceful and quiet. Give it a try. What say you Steven?

GregV814

For anything small I’ll usually go to Sneads in Lusby. As soon as you walk in the door there’s usually a person right there asking if they can help you. Never had a bad experience with and of the workers, I did get some shoddy “premium” grade deck boards from there though.

Next time you are there, ask for "Scotty". Examine the knot on his forehead carefully..... ask him about his $100,000.00 Mustang...

GregV814

If I may ...

Ahhhh, but there is a secret. You have to be an early mourning shopper at Lowes to avoid the help. By arriving at 7:30-8:00 you'll find the majority of help arriving for the days work, then, being called for their daily briefing and motivational sermon by management where they all gather and huddle together either in the appliance section, in front of flooring, or another open area, that will last about 10-15 minutes. It is at that time Lowes is like a desert. Peaceful and quiet. Give it a try. What say you Steven?

why are you mourning..did someone die?? if I may???....

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
If I may ...

I have not attended a morning huddle in a over a year. I work only 12 - 20 hours a week these days (since returning from the sick leave related to the pancreatic cancer surgery 3 years ago). Even when I was physically there, I did not attend.

Today makes 15 years and 9 months with Lowe's, my 3rd store in that time. Lots of changes in that time, not all to the good of either customers or hourly employees.

littlelady

God bless the USA
If I may ...

Damn spell checker didn't take into account the homophone wording.

Truth be told, most members don’t care about spelling. Most can catch the drift of a post even if something is misspelled. We/You/I have more serious things to concern ourselves with. JMO.

English is not required in the USA, anymore, so you’re good. :smile:

Last edited:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
Truth be told, most members don’t care about spelling. Most can catch the drift of a post even if something is misspelled. We/You/I have more serious things to concern ourselves with. JMO.
English is not required in the USA, anymore, so you’re good. :smile:

Yes, well, part of being here, for myself, is the continuing education of writing correctly in a coherent way to convey and articulate my thoughts. While far from perfect, I do like the challenge of arranging words with the proper usage. I mean really, how often does anyone really get a chance to write anymore? It keeps me thinking anyway. And I think, good practice. It's good that I was called out on the homophones. Like being graded in school. Keeps me sharp. However, if it was tranny, kevin, or any of the other MPD's, that tried to correct me, I might have replied with some of my demerit earning creative witty vitriol. :evil: