Lowes 'Military' discount

TWL

Kernel panic: Aiee.......
Nice! And for online purchases, too! Very easy process to link military status to MyLowes card.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

You're joking, of course....

He might be referring to the differences. To many, there are veterans and then there are Veterans. The REMF (Rear Echelon MoFo) service member though a veteran of service, is not truly seen as a veteran by many that are. Like the boots on the ground combat veteran, (unsure of the Navy vernacular). Even pushing paper for 20 years, or less, early ETS, though important in its own right, is not seen as important, or as honorable, as a Soldier, Marine, Seaman, Airman, serving in actual combat or in a combat environment, by others.

Forkian

If you have ever served honorably in the Armed Forces of the United States. Then I have no problem with you getting 10% off of a pack of light bulbs.

calvcopf

If you have ever served honorably in the Armed Forces of the United States. Then I have no problem with you getting 10% off of a pack of light bulbs.

Unlike a senior citizen discount where the only requirement is being OLD!

Restitution

Everybody gets a trophy!!!!

Discounts for quitters!!

You mad bro??!!

STANDARD SOMD FORUM ANSWER:

"Why do you come on here and complain? Do you think Lowe's corporate is on these forums? Why don't you take your whiny azz to Lowes and complain?" :lmao:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
You mad bro??!!

STANDARD SOMD FORUM ANSWER:

"Why do you come on here and complain? Do you think Lowe's corporate is on these forums? Why don't you take your whiny azz to Lowes and complain?" :lmao:

I don't do mad.. cows do.

Really has nothing to do with Lowes, and good on them giving Vets Discounts.. even the quitters.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
This is not new - Lowes and HD have been giving the 10% to any ID holder for about at least 6-7 years. The only thing new about it is that you now must have a My Lowes account instead of just showing your ID. All you need to do is sign up online, and either use your phone # or a keycard to get the discount. Nothing new to see here......

itsbob

I bowl overhand
This is not new - Lowes and HD have been giving the 10% to any ID holder for about at least 6-7 years. The only thing new about it is that you now must have a My Lowes account instead of just showing your ID. All you need to do is sign up online, and either use your phone # or a keycard to get the discount. Nothing new to see here......

Not true..

A vet that served 3 years in the 80 did not get a discount..

NOW that vet can somehow prove he served 2 years 30 years ago (through his MyLowes card) and can also get the discount.

Normally those vets don't have any kind of ID that proves they are a vet (unless they are medically retired, for example) and most people don't carry around their 214.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Not true..

NOW that vet can somehow prove he served 2 years 30 years ago (through his MyLowes card) and can also get the discount.

Normally those vets don't have any kind of ID that proves they are a vet (unless they are medically retired, for example) and most people don't carry around their 214.

But there's SO MANY degrees of Veteran between Retired and only served 2 years, that's it's hard to establish some kind of discount chart so those that deserve it, get it. Sure, anyone can bring their 214 up to customer service but that's a hassle on most days at a busy HD or Lowe's. Having them prove their status once with their MyLowes card streamlines the process and all future purchases. You can't expect all the cashiers to be able to read a 214 - they used to give them a graphic chart showing the pics of 3 valid IDs - Retired, Active, and the official VA card - and they're not supposed to give out discounts for any other documents unless you involve, like I said, the customer service desk and managers every time.

It's not my judgment to make that the Retired pencil-pusher gets a discount but the 28 yo who was just medically discharged after 2 tours in Iraq doesn't. There's too many clauses, special cases, etc. to start picking and choosing. I think this is Lowe's way of saying they're not trying to diminish anyone's status and I think that's pretty fair for a big box hardware store.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Not true..

Yes. I see the technical aspect of it now that I wasn't looking at in my earlier post.

black dog

Free America
Not true..

I was given a a business card sized 214 that folds open to carry in my wallet along with all my other discharge paperwork. I have never carried it, but I easily could.
Personally I could care less about most Veteran discounts.